Viewing: 1-20 of 22 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Sarah SimonBomber list

Sarah Simon

...but it keeps going 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,...then starting over again at one.

I know, I know, the HTML can make your eyes cross.

Nice work pulling this together and tucking into a nifty table!

Sarah
Posted Apr 5, 2011 10:09 pm

Sarah SimonRe: Bomber list

Sarah Simon

Wow, nice work, Fletch! I like it! -Sarah
Posted Apr 7, 2011 1:54 pm

Bill ReedGreat idea!!

Bill Reed

Very interesting list. Would be a great one to try and do if I was younger and had lots of money. Surprised to see that I've all ready knocked off 3 of them, made my day!!
Thanks for taking the time, Fletch.
Posted Apr 7, 2011 11:09 am

Steve GruhnFront Runner?

So, do you have any idea on how many Gerry Roach has completed? Dave Hart and Paul Berry have done quite a few, too - perhaps even more than Gerry Roach.
Posted Apr 10, 2011 2:38 am

Steve GruhnRe: Front Runner?

I tallied Dave Hart's peaks and I only came up with 54, but he did have 37 of the top 39 (lacking Popocatepetl and McArthur) and 47 of the top 51 (also lacking North Palisade and Augusta), so he's done most of the difficult ones.
Posted Apr 11, 2011 4:27 pm

Steve GruhnRe: Front Runner?

I tallied Gerry's from his summitpost page. He has done 65 of the highest 100, according to that page. He's done the 13 highest and 42 of the top 51 (lacking Wood, Vancouver, Fairweather, Hubbard, Bear, Walsh, University, McArthur, and Augusta).
Posted May 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Steve GruhnRe: Front Runner?

It could be that his summitpost page isn't up to date....

He has also done Tajumulco.
Posted May 12, 2011 8:31 pm

CSUMarmotWell done

CSUMarmot

2000 feet is quite a cut-off for subsummits but nice job anyways
Posted Apr 10, 2011 5:32 pm

thephotohikerLooking Good

thephotohiker

Great Table. Glad my article is still proving useful.

Thanks for the plug, too. It should help direct others who want to build tables.

Mike
Posted Apr 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Clark_GriswoldJust after

Clark_Griswold

I made my article, but yours is better in some ways. I added Wrangell to the Alaskan mountains over 4000 m, thanks to you.
Posted May 1, 2011 6:32 pm

Steve GruhnNeat List

This is a neat list and, like Fletch indicated, I couldn't find another similar list online.

I wonder how many more peaks would be added if the list were extended to cover all peaks above 13,000 feet with a minimum 2,000-foot prominence. I know that Alaska's Mount Moffit (13,020; P3970) would be included, but I don't know much about the other areas of North America. Any guesses?
Posted May 13, 2011 5:07 pm

gimpilatorWell Done Fletch!!!

gimpilator

This is a great idea and I like the way you have displayed the data. I'm excited to see this information put together. Congrats on an awesome page. So far, I've got 3, 8(didn't summit), 23, 25, 27, 29, 33, 45, 51, 98.
Posted Sep 25, 2011 5:11 pm

gimpilatorOriginal Notes by Fletch

gimpilator

Fletch has decided to turn this page over to me. I have included his original notes below, some of which I paraphrased on the main page.

"For me, when climbing (and peak bagging), the lesser peaks are gravy, but when chosing a mountain to climb, I generally strive for the highest point. Hence the list.

*Suprisingly, this list is nowhere to be found on the internet, this list is nowhere to be found on the internet, so I manually created this list with the help of Peakbagger.com, Wikipedia.org, 14ers.com, Listsofjohn.com, Google.com, and of course, Summitpost.org. If I missed anything, please let me know.

**Also, this list doesn't include Volcan Tajumulco (13,845 ft, 13,058 prom) in Guatemala. Some consider Central America not a part of North America. Anyway, to be sure you get them all, you might want to include this one. And I'm sure im gonna hear it from the Hawaii contingency, but as long as Hawaii is a US state, then you need to count it in North America (where do you propose it goes, Oceania? Asia?).

And if anyone has climbed them all, make sure to send me a picture so I can frame it and put it on my wall. You are my hero. PS - (I think you're the front runner Gerry Roach, but David Hart is catching up with you).

Yay, I made a table. My first HTML. Thanks to thephotohiker and his page."
Posted Mar 10, 2012 11:31 am

mrchad9Re: Original Notes by Fletch

mrchad9

WHO doesn't consider Central America to be part of North America? I've never heard that.

It's a bit like saying South Africa isn't part of Africa. And only Sarah Palin believes that one.
Posted Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

gimpilatorRe: Original Notes by Fletch

gimpilator

It's not surprising that there has been a lot of disagreement about what should and shouldn't be included in this list. I have decided to reinstate the two Guatemala peaks while leaving the two Hawaii peaks off.
Posted Mar 15, 2012 5:04 pm

MarmadukeRe: Original Notes by Fletch

Marmaduke

"I lived there for three years. Quite a few folks actually."
Those words are from Fletch off the front page thread pertaining to this page
Posted Mar 15, 2012 5:39 pm

mrchad9Re: Original Notes by Fletch

mrchad9

"Quite a few folks" doesn't mean anything. There are quite a few folks that don't believe in evolution either. Plenty of people think that Koalas are a species of bears, but not educated ones. Are any of the folks who think Central America is not part of North America geologists or in any other earth science field? I doubt it.

FWIW I think you are correct, gimpilator, to leave Hawaii off the list. It doesn't seem to be part of North America, and every piece of land on earth doesn't necessarily belong to a continent.
Posted Mar 15, 2012 7:03 pm

MarmadukeRe: Original Notes by Fletch

Marmaduke

I would guess that it was a cultural issue, being that Fletch lived there, I took that to mean the natives felt that way. Obviously nothing to do with geography.
Posted Mar 15, 2012 7:27 pm

mrchad9Re: Original Notes by Fletch

mrchad9

Well, Mexico and much of Texas and Arizona better skedaddle on down to South America too. North America just kicked them out.
Posted Mar 15, 2012 7:33 pm