North Face

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.14700°N / 118.6558°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the Sabrina Lake trailhead follow the trail toward Blue Lake, then continuing toward Hungry Packer Lake(Same approach as Traverse from Mt Haeckel). From Hungry Packer Lake one may either climb the spur that traverses the East side of Picture peak, or hike around into the basin and pass Moonlight Lake continuing toward Echo Lake. Before reaching Echo Lake one must climb the talus on the West side of the basin to avoid a series of cliffs on Echo Lake's West shore. Continue West into the cirque between Mt Wallace and Mt Haeckel.

Route Description


From the cirque between the two mountains head due South up Mt Wallace's broad North Face. The climb is very straight forward, as the face is open class 2 boulders with no route finding. If one moves more toward the NW ridge(climber's left of the face) there is some easy class 3 rock.

Essential Gear


During summer months no gear is need to climb this route. In the fall, winter, and spring the North face tends to hold a lot of snow making crampons and an axe a necessity. During winter the road into Lake Sabrina is closed near Aspendell, making for a long approach(skis would be best).
Water is plentiful along the route, even at the base of the North Face(if not frozen).

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.