North Ridge from Cima Pianchette

North Ridge from Cima Pianchette

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.12406°N / 9.14440°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: II
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

A long hiking-tour with a short and easy climbing along the final ridge .

Getting There

Map of Pizzo di Gino s area
From Menaggio (Co) follow the SS340 toward Porlezza till " Ponte di Pino " ( Carlazzo ); take provincial road n°. 11 to Val Cavargna until to S. Nazzaro. Than follow the road starting from the centre of the village that in approximately 1,5 Km. take you to Pineta locality. Approximately 20 km from Porlezza (CO), 70 from Como.


Route Description

Pizzo di Gino and Cima Pianchette - dec 2005
Park the car in Pineta locality (CO), start hiking at the beginning the off-road that take you to the Alpe Piazza Vacchera . Follow the evident off-road till locality Croce di Campo (1739 m.) where there's a refuge . From here , on tracks come on the large southern ridge of the Pianchette Summit until to its top ( 2158 m., 2 hours from the start ). Continue towards NW ridge by tracks , somewhere with the aid of fixed ropes , till under the summit steep pitch of the Pizzo of Gino. Now traverse towards North on the Albano valley slope in order to reach the North ridge . Climb that easy little cliffs with max I°/II° diff.
3 hours from " Pineta "
Descending : from the top come straight down in direction W until catching up a light path that take you towards E to the Alpe di Piazza Vacchera and then to the off-road until to Pineta locality.
2 hours

Essential Gear

Normal gear for hiking

External Links

Alpinisme C2C

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.