North Ridge from Parry

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.82750°N / 105.719°W
Additional Information Route Type: Steep hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Reach Parry Peak by any of its routes. This portion of the climb will determine the overall difficulty of this route. Most of the route from Parry to Eva is visible from this point, and it is a walk down and up from Parry.

Route Description


The saddle between Parry Peak and Mount Eva is at about 12,670’ elevation. Descend Parry’s broad southwest ridge to this saddle. Then continue upward along the ridge as it curves southward to Eva’s summit. As you ascend Mount Eva ’s summit ridge, it seems almost flat on the west, and very steep on the east side. Take your pick.:-) There is no trail, but climbing along this route is never more than a steep hike on rocky terrain.

If you have the time and energy, continue to Witter Peak from here, and return to your starting point. If you have a shuttle who will drop you off at one point and pick up farther south at the end of the day, you can cover a lot of distance along the Continental Divide in one day. Conceivably, you could hike the entire west boundary of the James Peak Wilderness.

Essential Gear


Standard hiking gear for summer. Be prepared for lots of wind on the ridge – enough wind to topple a steel tower. There are few to no water sources above timberline in this area, so bring plenty of drinking water. This would also make an excellent winter climb. Be prepared with snowshoes, ice ax, and full winter apparel.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mount EvaRoutes