North Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.91750°N / 105.6823°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Park at Forest Lakes Trailhead (10990') on Rollins Pass Road. The road usually opens sometime in May. Depending on snow closures, you may not be able to make it to Forest Lakes Trailhead. If this is the case park at 10457' where the road crosses right over a creek.

To get to Rollins Pass Road, take 119 south out of Nederland 5 miles from the traffic circle. Take a right onto a dirt road. Take a right onto Rollins Pass Road 7.6 miles from the start of the road.
Radiobeacon' North Ridge
Radiobeacon's North Ridge Route. 1.2 miles with 1,240 feet of elevation gain. Click to enlarge.

Route Description

From the Forest Lakes Trailhead, gain the Continental Divide by hiking an east-facing ridge southwest of Jenny Lake. Hike south on the Continental Divide to Radiobeacon's summit. More info in Ron Haddad and Eileen Faughey's "Front Range Descents."

Essential Gear

Skins and skis or snowshoes for a snow ascent.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.