Northeast (ACC)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 51.08330°N / 115.2667°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike, Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start from the ACC club in Canmore parking lot. Follow the even trail to the point where it starts to get steeper and then follow the 30 or more switchbacks up until you get above the tree line. From here it is a matter of following the least line of resistance to the summit ridge. The true summit is at the far end of the ridge. You will have to traverse over to this point. There is a summit register for those who wish to sign.

Route Description


Nostly a clear trail but there are rock slabs that can become icy. The ridge is exposed in some areas. It is basically a scramble.

Essential Gear


Trail shoes on the Summer, Fall. Koflachs can be needed in the Winter and Spring. Conditions vary. You can check in with the ACC clubhouse for weather and up to the (minute) trail conditions.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.