Northeast Slope

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.86638°N / 105.43665°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

View to the southeast from the summit of Tremont MountainView to the southeast from the summit of Tremont Mountain.

This page describes one logical way to ascend Tremont Mountain from the north.

Getting There

Start at the Gap Road Access to Tremont Mountain, Thorodin Mountain, Starr Peak, and Sheepshead in Golden Gate Canyon State Park.

Route Description

Stats: Class 2, 1.2 miles (round trip), 968 feet of elevation gain.

From the Gap Road Access to Tremont Mountain, Thorodin Mountain, Starr Peak, and Sheepshead in Golden Gate Canyon State Park, head southwest up the obvious northeast slope of Tremont Mountain. Once the summit ridge is reached, some easy scrambling will take you to the high point.

Trail Profile and Map

The trail color represents the class of that portion of the trail.

Blue = Class 2

Trail Profile

The vertical unit is feet, and the horizontal unit is miles.
Trail Profile of Gap Road to Tremont Mountain via the Northeast Slope


Map
Northeast Slope of Tremont Mountain from Gap RoadNortheast Slope of Tremont Mountain from Gap Road.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.