Northwest ridge (descent)

Northwest ridge (descent)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.30330°N / 10.29570°E
Additional Information Route Type: Rock climb
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA grade II-III
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Only decribed as (the easiest) descent from the Trettach summit !

Route Description


From summit turn west then nnw soon. Climb down scree, avoid to get too much to the right in the beginning. After 2 pitches down allmost on the (not very clear) ridge, a small chimney leads down to the right. There is a bolt, if you have enough rope you can rappel down approx. 30m from here. Climb down the chimney one pitch, leaving to the left for the last few meters. Reaching less steep rock leads you 2 pitches down to the ground. See picture of NE/NW ridge in NE ridge route desription.

Essential Gear


Rope and some slings / biners if needed. If you want (or need) to rappel a 60m single rope or a dual rope is recommended. If dry a good climber will not have any problem soloing.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.