Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 39.58972°N / 119.92833°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Mar 25, 2007
Activities Activities: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring

Ascent

Parked in dirt lot at the end of Kiowa Dr. and followed FS 645 to Peavine Road.
Walked on the road until we saw a west-bound trail heading straight up the east canyon.
East-side of Peavine Peak

Trail crosses the power line road and then dead ends part way up the canyon.
Where the trail ended

Scrambled to ridge line and followed it to the peak. There were some patches of ~6" deep snow on this path.
Ridgeline trail

Took 3.5 hours, but I suspect more conditioned hikers can do it 30-60 minutes faster.

Descent

Used Peavine road for most of the descent, but took FS 646 as an alternate way back to the car. 646 is quite a bit more difficult than 645, I was off trail on many of the downhill sections due to loose rock.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
redsplashman23

redsplashman23 - Apr 2, 2007 11:30 am - Hasn't voted

Date

Did you actually hike this on Nov. 30, 1999? That is the default date SP puts in if you don't put down the date.

Kalua

Kalua - Apr 3, 2007 9:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Date

I swear I put the date in the first time I made this trip report, weird! Fixed now, thanks for the comment.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Table of Contents
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Peavine PeakTrip Reports