Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 4, 2011
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer

Great Climb

Andrew on Pitch 2Andrew disappearing on the lead of pitch 2
Well, not all on this team were old...We have talked about doing this for years. What a good rock climb in a spectacular place! We had one fast team ahead of us, another team of two right behind us that we told to go ahead of the four of us. We had ideal weather on good rock. This climb prove to be everything it's reputation is reported to be. We are moderate climbers, but found the quality of rock, the abundance of good protection options and challenges very rewarding. Follow the guidebooks and this web page and enjoy a great climb. Snow was from the parking lot to the Notch. It was very hard in the morning, so we were glad to have ice axes with us. The team ahead of us wore pons, the team behind us on the approach wished they brought axes. No problem on way out. I have a few more pics coming of the top of the route when other SD cards get delivered.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Fred Spicker

Fred Spicker - Jul 7, 2011 9:12 am - Hasn't voted

"Old" Routes

The old routes are usually the best routes (esp. for us old farts) - there is a reason that they were climbed first...

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.