theronmoonAwesome page!

theronmoon

My best friend was just out this direction telling me how nice it is, I need to get out to the Sierra more! Great page as always!
Posted Aug 21, 2007 8:39 am

McCannsterRe: Awesome page!

McCannster

thanks~
Posted Aug 21, 2007 11:57 am

Bob SihlerNice page

Bob Sihler

This was still under construction when I first saw it; nice to see it now!
Posted Aug 22, 2007 7:45 pm

lcarreauHey - David ?

lcarreau

I LOVE a mountain ... especially one named after ME. Take care, dude!
Posted Nov 30, 2007 8:22 pm

bigsuitRoad Update

bigsuit

The dirt road up to Fordyce Summit is VERY rough for a passenger car, I was up there yesterday in my subaru outback and made it up ok but I definitely wouldn't drive my girlfriends Jetta up there. Big rocks and some rutted mud pits made it a very hairy drive, even with my outbacks superior clearance and AWD. Just a heads up. Beautiful hike though, definitely doing it again and camping at Phoenix Lake.
Posted Jul 27, 2012 2:15 pm

trexkerryAlternate Route

An easier route is available starting from Meadow Lake. It is a bit of a rough road getting there, but from this starting location the round trip hike is about 8.5 miles and a bit less than 2,000 feet of gain. Great use trail/minors trail up the northeast slope. No creek crossing!
Posted Jul 27, 2014 2:07 pm

JohnBThanks!

My Dad and I tried to make it to Phoenix lake when I was about 9 (1968) failed. A couple of years later we made it to the lake to find it was void of fish. Still a trip I will never forget. A few years later two high school buddies and I made it to the summit, that was awesome! All three trips were past Fordyce. Which by the way my Dad drove a '76 Pontiac station wagon to the dam! What's more impressive is that we made it back out after waiting for a 4x4 to get unstuck. I don't know that at age 55 I'll make it back up there. I just wanted to say thank you for bringing back some great memories.
Posted Aug 14, 2014 4:26 pm

McCannsterRe: Thanks!

McCannster

Glad you enjoyed the page. This area definitely stays in the memory for a while.
Posted Aug 14, 2014 7:38 pm