Brian JenkinsCool photos

Brian Jenkins

to start. You making any headway on the page?
Posted Apr 3, 2006 8:37 pm

SaintgrizzlyHow...?

Saintgrizzly

...Have I missed this page until now? This is a great work--writing, photography, all VERY well done. Definitely a place to visit!
Posted Sep 8, 2006 10:15 pm

mvsGreat page

mvs

Awesome panoramas, it's clear how much you love this area! I always wanted to go to the Vahallas, they seem incredibly remote and un-visited.

You mention how important it is to stay dry. I generally agree, but find in practice that working my way up some damp forested valley I will surely get wet from sweating. Maybe another way to think of it is to say stay warm. I strip down as much as possible for the uphill hiking, and would keep some warm, dry clothing in a plastic bag in my pack. If I get caught in a rainstorm, I might even decide to keep walking out without putting on the warm clothes until I really need it. It's nice to keep the "insurance" safe until real need comes along, such as getting hurt and I can't stay warm from activity any more.

Then again you hear stories about people becoming hypothermic and a little crazy - maybe they were also thinking to keep their stuff dry in their pack.

Posted Sep 25, 2006 10:54 am

Scott DusekKick Ass!

Scott Dusek

Nice Page dude! Important pages like this have to be done well and you came through. Great addition to summitpost.

-Scotty
Posted Sep 30, 2006 6:10 am

gimpilatorEye Candy!

gimpilator

You have a really wonderful collection of panoramas put together here. I always remind myself that I didn't make the mountains, I only point my camera and push a button. But take a moment to be proud of what you've captured with these. Well done.
Posted Oct 14, 2006 5:35 am

TurboI'll never leave again.

Turbo

Ok, so I've had very little to do for the last week and I've been re-looking at many of your pictures remembering the trip we took. As soon as I am done with school here in Michigan, I'm going back to the NW and never leaving :)
Posted Dec 28, 2006 8:45 am

mtbugzlove it!!

mtbugz

The Olympic's are so amazing I haven't been very many places, just the hoh river trail to Blue Glacier, but it is just so amazing.
Posted Dec 1, 2007 1:20 pm

stinkycheezman33wow

stinkycheezman33

i just honeymooned in the olympics, and all i can say is WOW
what an incredible area!!! thanks for sharing all your beautiful photos :D
Posted Aug 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Bubba SuessGreat Page...

Bubba Suess

You definately own the Olympics and your love for the area is apparent. Good photography too. Not that you need any, I have one suggestion for an addition to the page: you might note that not only is there a national park covering the bulk of the Olympics but here is also a small army of wilderness areas hovering around the park's border. A minor detail, but it feeds my taxonomy OCD. Again, good page!
Posted Jan 31, 2009 1:10 pm

KlenkeAdd

Klenke

Byron, I did a search for this page using Olympics Range as a keyword criteria and it didn't come up. You might consider adding the word "Olympics" to the keyword [query] list.
Posted Aug 22, 2010 1:27 pm

gimpilatorNew Movie About The Olympic Range

gimpilator

I've hiked with Dane Burke a few times. I'm hoping to see this film. Have you seen it Byron?
Posted Dec 7, 2012 5:41 pm

larryCan't wait for Spring

larry

Nice pics and nice page. I will have to visit it again soon as I wait for spring and the opportunity to get back up in the high country.
Posted Mar 4, 2014 7:39 pm