Viewing: 1-6 of 6

alpineair - Dec 17, 2013 9:01 am - Voted 9/10

Good report!

Really enjoyed this. However, that VW is a bus, not a van!
Thanks Gordon.

boyblue

boyblue - Dec 18, 2013 12:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good report!

I appreciate your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed my trip report. You're right about my van. Technically, it was a Volkswagen Type 2 'Minibus' or 'Microbus', but to me, it was always my 'VW van'. ;-)
-Gordon

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Dec 17, 2013 10:30 pm - Voted 9/10

Sierra Winter

mmmm...these photos make me want to visit the Sierra in winter. I've only been in the heat of summer.

Nice story, thanks for sharing!

Sarah

boyblue

boyblue - Dec 18, 2013 12:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Sierra Winter

Thanks for the comments, Sarah. I'm glad you enjoyed my TR and I'm glad that it may have helped to inspired you to pay a visit to our little mountain range in the winter. :-) I highly recommend it.
-Gordon

theoglick

theoglick - Dec 21, 2013 1:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Story

Great read, Gordon, thanks for posting and including the great pics. It inspires me to get out there in the winter instead of waiting for spring... I'd love to see Whitney without the crowds.

Thanks again,

Ted

boyblue

boyblue - Dec 21, 2013 7:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Story

Winter is a great time to visit the Sierra. Just be aware that there's a lot of extra work involved and the potential for discomfort (or worse) can be pretty high. One of the central themes of this trip report is that even the smallest of errors or mishaps can lead to dire consequences. Even though I experienced some bad luck, I was lucky in that I was still close enough to the trailhead to be able to bail in one day.
I'm glad you enjoyed my report, Ted, and I thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
-Gordon

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Once Upon a Time in the Winter' main page