Ort Wall

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.92186°N / 120.47058°W
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.10a (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.8 - 5.11b
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Add Overview text here.

A Grotto is defined as "a cave or cavern." That is exactly what this area is.

Getting There

Grotto Area MapGrotto Area Map

The Ort Wall is located in the Grotto Area, next to The Grotto, Cave Routes, and The Welcome Wall. From the parking lot, go through the second white gate and continue west bound along the road (not heading towards Table Mountain yet. About 1/4 - 1/2 mile you'll see the trail split left. Go left. The trail now heads up switchbacks towards Table Mountain. WATCH OUT FOR POISON OAK. IT IS EVERYWHERE. The trail will come to a talus which you can cross. You can enter the Grotto Area from either the West or East. The West enterence has a Class 3 scramble down into the hole. If you hike around on the talus you'll enter from the east with a nice decent down into The Grotto.

Route Description

Ort Wall 2Ort Wall
Ort Wall Topo

Ort Wall w/ RoutesOrt Wall w/ Routes

Ort Wall Routes


A. Misperception 5.10d

B. Ortman Complex 5.10c

C. Clip, Clip, Wow 5.10d *

D. Geronimo 5.11b *

E. Color Coded Quickdraws 5.10b *

F. Sidesaddle 5.9 ** Five bolts to shutter anchors. Shares with Cowboy Up.

G. Table Scrap 5.11a

H. Cowboy Up 5.8 Located just to the right of Sidesaddle. This is a newer established route at Ort. Three bolts to shutters. Shares the same anchors with Sidesaddle.

Essential Gear

This wall features awesome, short, agressive, steep sport climbing. 6 quick draws and a 50m rope are plenty.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.