Otovitsa hut

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Location Lat/Lon: 42.23475°N / 23.22364°E
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4659 ft / 1420 m

Overview

Otovitsa is a wonderful hut in the northwestern part of Rila mountain. Situated on the border of Rila National Park, the hut is a great starting point for your mountain adventure.

Capacity: 44 sleeping places. Every room is with 4 beds and a separate bathroom with toilet. Central heating.

There is a restaurant with satellite TV and sweet shop.


Getting there

The hut is easиly reachable by car or foot.

1. By car. If you are driving from Sofia, the fastest way is to take E79 to Dupnitsa and countinue to the village of Samoranovo. From the central square there 12km (mostly paved) road leads to the hut.

2. By foot. A marked trail starts from the center of Samoranovo. It is actually the same road from 1. You can reach Dupnitsa by bus or train from Sofia. From Dupnitsa there is a bus to Samoranovo every 30 minutes. Taxi is also an option but significantly more expensive.

Prices

Staying overnight is 15 BGN (7.5 EUR).

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

RilaHuts & Campgrounds