Kokanee Gore-Tex

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Kokanee Gore-Tex
Manufacturer MEC
Page By Peak Freak
Page Type Jun 21, 2002 / Jun 21, 2002
Object ID 9071
Hits 1378
Vote
Gear Notes



• Weight 235 grams , Med



Perfect for hiking and cross-country skiing, this versatile, technical gaiter has a sculpted cut for a close fit over boots. Caution – this gaiter may not fit bulky plastic mountaineering or telemark boots.



Three-ply Taslan nylon Gore-Tex® upper provides excellent waterproofness and breathability.

Lower is durable, tough 1000-denier Cordura®, lined with 210-denier nylon.

Secure 50mm Velcro® front opening.

The concave bottom cut pulls tight to seal against the boot.

Polyurethane impregnated underarch strap, with a stamped buckle for extra strength.

3.3mm shockcord top with cordlock, seals out snow and moisture from top of gaiter.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Peak Freak - Jun 21, 2002 7:02 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Despite the caution in the description, I find these gaiters great for mountaineering!!! Granted I'm one of the smallest people on the mountain, but the medium fits over my mountaineering boots no problem. Perhaps those with really big boots may not fit the XL. Between these gaiters and my boots, I have had dry feet on days when climbing partners have been ringing out their socks. The bootstraps are fastened with rivets as opposed to stiching, which is supposted to make them more durable. The elastic drawstring at the top keeps them secure. They are a good value gaiter.

Edit: May 2005
Now that I've been trashing these things for a few seasons, the only thing that started to wear was the velcro attachment on the front. I did need to reinforce the velcro with a sewing machine, but once done, they still work fine. The medium is a little small for my larger plastic boots, but I've been getting away with it. All in all, still good value.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1