Polar Pod +20

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Polar Pod +20
Manufacturer REI
Page By rcorby2
Page Type May 29, 2002 / May 29, 2002
Object ID 323
Hits 4539
Vote

Polyfiber fill provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio and continues to insulate even if wet

Shingled construction eliminates cold spots now and for years of use down the road

Features full-length draft tube behind zipper and muffler around the neck, anti-snag zipper tape and a single reversible locking zipper

Differentiated drawcords in round and flat shapes enable quick and easy hood and neck adjustments, even in the dark

Cozy, contoured hood wraps around your head, while the roomy footbox allows the insulation to loft fully to keep your toes toasty warm

Nylon shell and lining are lightweight and soft, yet durable
Pad loops give you the ability to secure your sleeping bag and pad together to avoid sliding off onto the cold ground (attachment sold separately)

Cotton storage sack and nylon stuff sack included

Available in short,

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

rcorby2 - May 29, 2002 8:41 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Haven't really tested the extremes of this bag yet. However, it did perform really well at a temperature of 35 deg F while I was in a 3 season tent. The fill becomes very full after deploying it out of the stuff sack. This is a no bells and whistles bag. In other words, there are no nice little compartments, no inner bibs, etc. But for only $80 it offers great affordability! Only complaint I have is that at the top of the zipper there is no type of velcro styled flap that would velcro over th e zipper to ensure it dosn't move. A couple times I have woken up in the middle of the night to find the zipper had slid down a few inches. Again, for the price it's hard to beet, and it's pretty light at only 3lbs 5oz. Oh yeah, I thought there was plenty of room in it as well, I am 5'10" in height.

crirwin - Oct 9, 2002 1:33 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
This is a great bag for the money! Both my son and I have one and I have recommended it to a number of friends who are looking for a good quality sleeping bag at the right price. We have used ours in a 3-season tent in the middle of a snowfield and were very comfortable down to 32 degrees. Feel confident that we would still be warm in colder conditions. The bag is light and fits extremely well into the bottom of my son's bag as well as the bottom compartment of my bag. Despite packing up small it fluffs nicely when you unroll it and is roomy enough when you crawl into it.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2