STICKY CAT

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title STICKY CAT
Manufacturer Garmont
Page By tiefenthaler
Page Type May 30, 2005 / May 30, 2005
Object ID 1340
Hits 3540
Vote
Performance approach boot with hiking and everyday comfort - Low grade climbing, scrambling, bouldering - Indoor Climbing - Outdoor casual

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

tiefenthaler - Jul 7, 2005 1:47 am - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Well, I got this shoe a couple of weeks ago and here is a preliminary review. The shoes fit my feet very nicely, they are lightweight and comfortable to wear right out of the box, can keep them on all day long. Good lacing system and sole; I felt very comfortable and safe during last week's descent (UIAA grade 3-); no slipping or feeling insecure. Of course I can't say much about durability yet, therefore only 4 stars. I'll let you know about durability once I've used it more often.

awilsondc - Mar 21, 2010 1:27 pm - Voted 4/5

Very comfy, but not perfect
I've had a pair of sticky cats for a about 2 years now. I bought them because they were one of the most comfortable pairs of approach shoes I've ever tried on, they just fit my foot perfectly. They do great on trails, flat or steep, packed or loose no problems there... great grip. They are also pretty sticky on rock or slab and do great in scree or talus. I only have 2 problems with the sticky cat. The toe area is very broad and isn't the best for scrambling up class 4 or low 5. The tread under the ball of the foot where you contact the ground the most is wimpy and is wearing out faster than the rest of the shoe. They do have these interesting cut out sections of the tread, a kind of negative topography tread which may maintain grip as the positive topography tread wears out we'll see. Over all I'd give them an 8.3/10.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2