Super Tool 200

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Super Tool 200
Manufacturer Leatherman
Page By Nikolas_A
Page Type Jan 23, 2004 / Jan 23, 2004
Object ID 987
Hits 6870
Vote
  • Needlenose Pliers

  • Regular Pliers

  • Wire Cutters

  • Hard-Wire Cutters

  • Clip-Point Knife

  • Serrated Knife

  • Wood / Bone Saw

  • Metal / Wood File

  • 9 in. / 22 cm Ruler

  • Can / Bottle Opener

  • S / M / L Screwdrivers

  • Phillips Screwdriver (#1 / #2)

  • Electric Crimper

  • Wire Stripper

  • Awl Punch

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-3 of 3

Nikolas_A - Jan 23, 2004 1:21 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
During my serviced I realised that I desperately needed one, so I borrowed one from a friend (still have it :o))



It was the first Super Tool model, over which the 200 has the following (needed) upgrades:

Rounded handles, sliding lock release on the outside for easy access and a rounded tip for the serrated knife blade.

Indeed, the straight edged handles would hurt your hands when squeezing something with the pliers. The unlocking procedure was awkward and the serrated knife blade was dangerous.



The quality is standard Leatherman = perfect. The saw will cut easily through anything.

The serrated knife blade is dangerously sharp (as many people playing with mine found out...). Good thing there is a simple knife blade for normal jobs.

The file is also working great.

I've cut heavy-duty fences and barbed wire with the cutter.

All tools lock securely when opened.



Although I don't have the current version, all the changes are on the things I disliked, so 5 starts without doubt.

Tecova - Mar 24, 2007 7:34 am - Voted 5/5

Very happy with mine
I've had my supertool for about 4-5 years now. I made the upgrade from my old Leatherman, and I really like the rounded handles that don't hurt your hands while squeezing the pliers. The quick thumb releases on the outside for the attachment locks are a bonus too. No more having to open another attachment halfway to unlock your current one. I should also mention that after all this time, I've never had to sharpen the tool, and it still remains razor sharp, although I will admit I'm careful with it and I'm not out sawing bricks with the knifes.

My only issue with the whole kit, is the leather tool pouch that came with the tool. While walking, the tool rattles in the pouch. I resolved this issue by putting a little cloth in the bottom of the tool pouch, so that the tool is held firmly against the cloth in the bottom, and the leather flap at the top. Leatherman also makes a canvas toolpouch that doesn't have this issue, but I prefer the leather, because it holds up better.

stepho - Jan 17, 2008 8:32 pm - Voted 5/5

Helpful
This is a very helpful multi use tool. Has every thing you need.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3