Pasaia - Faro Talaia

Pasaia - Faro Talaia

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.34646°N / 1.85475°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Ridge of TalaiaTalaia's ridge

This is an interesting option to climb Jaizkibel because the ridge of Faro Talaia is beautiful. It's not a route to all the people, it's not for hikers because I think is exposed and impressive in some places, but is easy to the mountaineers.

Getting There

Pasajes de San JuanPasajes
Harbour of PasaiaPasajes

See the main page to approach to Pasaia-Donibane / Pasajes de San Juan

Route Description

Faro TalaiaFaro Talaia

Jaizkibel (547m)Mitxintxola's summit

Path on the ridgePath near the ridge
West col of MitxintxolaMitxintxola's col west

We cross all the village of Pasai-Donibane (N.) and we walk on the right side of Harbour near of the sea until a curve in the track before the last meters to Pasaiako boka (embocadura del Puerto). We have two track but we turn to right (E.) following the track and after a new curve to right we reach the Faro Talaia (100m), a construction in red colour to indicate to ships the entry to the port. In this point begin the ridge on the right side of the semaphore between some small trees. The path reach the ridge and we walk ever on the right side across the narrow terrace following the white paint. The path is easy to follow but some terraces are exposed and this itinerary is better for mountaineers and not for hikers because is a little impressive. The upper side of the ridge has nice views to the sea on left side. After the ridge we reach the final in the “Morro” (260m), a small terrace on left side with great view of the full ridge. We cross the fence to arrive to the wide col West of Mitxintxola, the green hill in front of us. We leave a track on right side and walk to reach the summit of Mitxintxola (322m). We see Jaizkibel in front from the summit, but we need to descent across the east green ramp to the track what border this hill. On the track we turn to right side to exit to the road near some huts. We follow the road from km.5 but before of km.6 we see the red paint on right side to leave the asphalt walking in the grass connecting with the normal route of west ridge from Pasai-Donibane.

Essential Gear

Good boots to walk.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

JaizkibelRoutes