Pashooreh Comments

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
nader

nader - Jul 18, 2012 8:58 am - Voted 10/10

Great Start

Hi Kamran,

Great start to this page. Please indicate on the main page that the page is still under construction, otherwise you will get low votes.

The coordinates for this peak (in case you did not know) are:
35.8334 North
52.2961 East

If you reached the summit and measured the elevation with GPS, please let me know. I have seen various figures for the elevation. The Iranian 1:50 000 map says 3896 m. Other maps have put it as high as 4010 m.

kamran

kamran - Jul 18, 2012 10:21 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Start

Hi Nader,
Thanks for your votes and comments. I just put "under construction" on the main page. Thanks for the coordinates.
Yes, there are lots of confusions about the names and the elevations of the peaks in this mountain. Based on the map by Iran mountaineering federation Pashooreh peak is 4010m and the highest peak in this mountain is Halzam (4050m). I think Halzam in your map is called Pashooreh (Howz Shah), 3896m, which is the highest peak. In some other maps Halzam is the name of a different peak in lower elevations. Unfortunately, the local guys didn't have that much information.
Since there is a sign on top of Pashooreh peak, saying 3985m, I decided to use that one as reference. I think this peak in your map is 3870m. I didn't have GPS to measure the elevation.
I will add about 10-15 more pictures, and will finalize the page
tomorrow.

nader

nader - Jul 18, 2012 10:44 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Great Start

The coordinates that I gave you are for what you called Halzam. Sounds like "Pashooreh" is just a little to the west of Halzam. Anyway, I think the whole thing is one "Peak" and halzam is the highest point.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Pashooreh' main page