Help needed on National Parks in Western Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Andino

Help needed on National Parks in Western Europe

by Andino » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:52 am

I'm looking for partners to make a list page on National Parks in Western Europe.
I plan to handle France, but I need contributors to do the others western european countries :

- Germany
- Italy
- Switzerland
- Spain
- Portugal

Anybody keen on helping ?

Gabriele Roth

by Gabriele Roth » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:29 pm

Andino

by Andino » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:44 pm

Grazie Gabriele !

Maybe some italian member would be pleased to participate as it is his own country, and would know it better than me poor little French that I am :)

peterbud

Re: Help needed on National Parks in Western Europe

by peterbud » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:50 pm

Myzantrope wrote:I'm looking for partners to make a list page on National Parks in Western Europe.
I plan to handle France, but I need contributors to do the others western european countries :

- Germany
- Italy
- Switzerland
- Spain
- Portugal

Anybody keen on helping ?

Nice :) I suggest to read through the National parks in Europe - help! thread - there has been kind of agreement about that France and Switzerland could be added to the current NW page (which is apparently still under construction), while Italy-Spain-Portugal could have a separate SW page. This is not "carved into stone" of course, it can be changed depending on the number of NP-s in the given group of countries (as we did with the NE and CE page). Good luck with the work!

Gabriele Roth

by Gabriele Roth » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:05 pm

Myzantrope wrote:

Maybe some italian member would be pleased to participate as it is his own country, and would know it better than me poor little French that I am :)

Sorry, I've been climbing, few times, in Gran Paradiso group, a little more frequently in Alpi Bellunesi, rarely in Stelvio park and only once in Grand Sasso so I haven't enough first hand info to share, to help you I should make a copy and paste ... and I don't like it

BTW - I've linked here a 4 languages site, complete and maintained.

Andino

by Andino » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:03 pm

peterbud wrote:
Myzantrope wrote:
Nice :) I suggest to read through the National parks in Europe - help! thread - there has been kind of agreement about that France and Switzerland could be added to the current NW page (which is apparently still under construction), while Italy-Spain-Portugal could have a separate SW page. This is not "carved into stone" of course, it can be changed depending on the number of NP-s in the given group of countries (as we did with the NE and CE page). Good luck with the work!

Nothing against UK and Ireland, but it seems for me more natural to put France with Italy, Swiss, Spain and Germany, as we share common mountains.

Is Germany already in any page maybe ?

peterbud

by peterbud » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:41 pm

Myzantrope wrote:Nothing against UK and Ireland, but it seems for me more natural to put France with Italy, Swiss, Spain and Germany, as we share common mountains.

Is Germany already in any page maybe ?

Remember, NP-s are not always about mountains :wink:
But, as I told there is quite a lot of flexibility in where to put countries, thanks God it's not Yalta again... :) It's only that if all West Europe was supposed to be on one page, it would be too much - there needs to be a N-S splitting. Germany is started upon in the existing NW page, but needs to be finished.

Andino

by Andino » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:44 pm

Then we could make a SouthWestern Europe page that will only have latin countries :
France, Italy, Spain and Portugal.
What d'ya think ?

I agree that NPs are not all about mountains : most of the French NPs are not even in the mountains ! But geographically and culturally speaking France is closer to Spain and Italy, than to UK and Ireland.

Rafa Bartolome

by Rafa Bartolome » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:30 pm

some links to find NP in Spain:
http://www.parquesnaturales.com/
http://parquesnaturales.consumer.es/documentos/index.php

In Spain you had two type of parks:

Parque Nacional: the most greats and importants, control of the governement of the country. It exist 16 actually.

Parque Natural: more than 100 in Spain. They are places of special interest in each province, more little and more humanized.

Examples: Aragón had four Parques Naturales: Posets-Maladeta, Dehesa del Moncayo, Sierra de Guara y Valles Occidentales, and only one Parque Nacional: Ordesa y monte Perdido.

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:55 pm

Rafa, I bet that Myzantrope is asking about Parques Nacionales...

Andino

by Andino » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:58 am

Diego Sahagún wrote:Rafa, I bet that Myzantrope is asking about Parques Nacionales...

Claaaro.
Tenemos Parques Naturales y Parques Regionales en Francia tambien.
Pero la pagina que queremos hacer, seria a cerca de los Parques Nacionales, solamente.
Similar que las otras paginas hechas en Europa.

Quieres ayudarnos ?

peterbud

by peterbud » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:01 am

Myzantrope wrote:Then we could make a SouthWestern Europe page that will only have latin countries :
France, Italy, Spain and Portugal.
What d'ya think ?

Ahhh, you latins!... :wink: It makes sense to me, of course. And I'm glad you took on the initiative! FR-I-E-PT? Muy bien! :)
If you need any help, just tell, but I know you're pretty good at HTML, probably much better than me, so I shut up :)

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:50 am

Myzantrope wrote:
Diego Sahagún wrote:Rafa, I bet that Myzantrope is asking about Parques Nacionales...

Claaaro.
Tenemos Parques Naturales y Parques Regionales en Francia tambien.
Pero la pagina que queremos hacer, seria a cerca de los Parques Nacionales, solamente.
Similar que las otras paginas hechas en Europa.

Quieres ayudarnos ?

Tengo muy poco tiempo pero podría hacer un esfuerzo bien con el de Picos de Europa o el de Ordesa. Aunque nikolai79 y Rafa (o eza) creo que lo podrían hacer mejor que yo en ambos respectivamente, lo podemos hablar. También podría hacer el de Sierra Nevada pero hay otro SPer más informado. Sobre lo de hacer la página de los PN de España no me apunto, me llevaría demasiado tiempo y aún tengo por finalizar la del Sistema Central, muy grande

Andino

by Andino » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:02 pm

Diego Sahagún wrote:
Tengo muy poco tiempo pero podría hacer un esfuerzo bien con el de Picos de Europa o el de Ordesa. Aunque nikolai79 y Rafa (o eza) creo que lo podrían hacer mejor que yo en ambos respectivamente, lo podemos hablar. También podría hacer el de Sierra Nevada pero hay otro SPer más informado. Sobre lo de hacer la página de los PN de España no me apunto, me llevaría demasiado tiempo y aún tengo por finalizar la del Sistema Central, muy grande

Es una lista, entonces no toma tanto tiempo.
Mira aqui par ver lo que queremos hacer : http://www.summitpost.org/list/343176/n ... urope.html

nikolai79

by nikolai79 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:59 pm

Myzantrope wrote:
Diego Sahagún wrote:

Es una lista, entonces no toma tanto tiempo.
Mira aqui par ver lo que queremos hacer : http://www.summitpost.org/list/343176/n ... urope.html

Hola ;-)

Well I think the Spanish summitposter are busy right now, but as you said a list doesn´t requiere a lot of time... I´ll give you a hand

Next

Return to Europe