Enchantments suggestion

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
e-doc

Enchantments suggestion

by e-doc » Wed May 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Gotcrappy weathered off Baker next few days and about the only thing avail able with current conditions is Enchantments. Were there over weekend cl,mbef Colchuck. Some guys went up logging road from Stuart lake TH and around to Azgard pass. Where does that logging road pop out? Prusik pass? Would that be possible to go up to and summit Lil Anapurna? Thanks.

jordansahls

Re: Enchantments suggestion

by jordansahls » Wed May 30, 2012 7:59 pm

I believe that the logging road that continues from the Stuart lake trailhead takes one up and over cannon mountain, or there abouts. That would drop you in around Coney lake. I have never been in that way. I have skiied Cannon but took a more direct winter route.

If you want to climb little Annapurna from a different direction I would reccomend going in Ingalls creek and going up the crystal creek drainage. It takes you up to a saddle between little annapurna and McClellan peak. It's around 6-7 miles up the ingalls creek trail before you turn off for crystal creek (very flat miles), and only a few miles from there to the saddle (not so flat).

Here is a report from a trip I did up that same way 2 years ago:
http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthr ... er=1023331

e-doc

by e-doc » Wed May 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Got a better map. Maybe hike up and camp near Coney lake and clkmd Coney mtn. Ran into soms guys who went up thiz way and came out asgard pass. Wish we got more details.

jordansahls

by jordansahls » Thu May 31, 2012 12:02 am

Yeah, it's not hard to get over to aasgard pass from Coney lake. You can hit cannon and drop down towards prusik pass, or you can drop down into rat creek/lost world plataue and climb up to prusik pass from shield lake.

The following user would like to thank jordansahls for this post
e-doc

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)