Fear in climbing by Arno

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:25 am

I have no horse in this race at all, but this made me laugh my ass off:

FortMental wrote:Sign up now for the Way of the FortMental For 3 payments of $3,300, I will explain how you can enjoy sending "Astroman" with nary a second thought.

First I'll explain how and why you need to lose 40 pounds. Revel in giving up microbrewed beers, fine wine, and imported cheeses.

Next, we'll focus on working out. Full time. We'll enjoy giving up sex, our kids, and our jobs as we focus on cycling 3 hrs. per day. Walking another 3 hours per day through mountains pinching cinderblocks in each hand.

We'll also spend time campusing and hanging from overhung offwidths with weights hung from our nutsacks.

Following a strict diet of puddle water and old pemican, we'll then boulder full time for 2 years, starting from V0 all the way to V12. When you are physically able to routinely on-sight, solo 5.13c, we'll rope up and you will lead "Astroman" thoroughly enjoying the journey as you cruise through the Harding Slot, never fearing falling or returning to your old lifestyle of fear, sloth, women, alcohol, books, and money.

Send me money, now.

And so did this:

The Chief wrote:The hardest route you ever really have done, is every eve when trying to climb into your bad.

The longest whipper you ever took is every morning when you fall out of your bed, right into the puddle of puke, totally hungover.

Carry on!

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:53 am

FortMental wrote:
The Chief wrote:Actually Mental, Arno's lectures and philosophy can be applied to most if not all challenges that one confronts in life.

I like that! Motivational Speaking in reverse: take lessons from everyday experience and apply them to your climbing! Only a pleistocene holdover like you fails to see the irony in that!

Not "from".

Rather, "For".

Big ass difference for all the masses out there that are completely lost in the mix of today's me, myself and I society that pleistocene's as myself, still hold out not conforming to.

But then I don't expect people as yourself that are completely in that modern "REI MAN" social mix, to even come close to getting. Evidenced by your so eloquent wanna be "Help, I've fallen into my own drunken puke and can't get up!" prevailing attitude.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:12 am

Vitaliy M wrote:
The Chief wrote:Open your redneck drunkass mind

You live by Bishop on 395, can't call him a redneck! :D

Now that is funny...so very ignorantly funny.

You young lad live in SF, therefore you are of Chinese descent and are gay, right!

rhyang

by rhyang » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Rick, surely you have seen this passage from The Rock Warrior's Way -

.. if you live by the Ego, then you can count on being offended or defensive for the rest of your life. You will constantly be tricked and trapped into doing idiotic things and wasting power.

Does this remind you of someone ? :)

John Duffield

by John Duffield » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Previous

Return to General