Living in Huaraz

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
Tom Fralich

by Tom Fralich » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:20 pm

I rented an apartment in Huaraz for 2 months. It was huge...3 bedrooms, living room with cable TV, 2 bathrooms, kitchen...$300 US per month. You can definitely get something much cheaper...on the order of 100 soles for one month for a very basic, tiny studio. My rent in NYC is $1650 per month, so I was happy to pay the $300...split 2 ways. I may be able to get contact info for the woman we rented from, if you're interested.

TonyP

Living in Huaraz

by TonyP » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:56 pm

I have a house in Huaripampa about 1 1/2 hrs from Huaraz (you can use google earth to find its location). Huaripampa is about a 10 minute "combi" ride to Cashapampa or if you prefer a 45 minute walk. Its a 3 floors, 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen , dinning room and living room, one car garage, an open terrace sitting in the corner of "la plaza de armas". Construction was finish last year and this is where i stay when i climb in Peru. I'll be there again this year in July ....let me know if you are interested.

T.P

Return to South America