I've signed up for a guided trip up the Casaval Ridge route on April 9-11. The current forecast says 3 to 4 feet of snow within the next 48 hours, and a chance of snow on April 9 and April 10.
With the current snow conditions, what are the chances of a summit attempt on April 10? I might have the option (for a $75 transfer fee) of trying the same route on April 23-25 instead.
I realize that weather conditions in April on Shasta can be very unpredictable, and that it's often necessary to turn around before the summit. At the same time, I'd rather not drive 750 miles to Shasta, if we're not going to be able to ascend above 11000 feet.
Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.