It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:57 pm

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

MOUNT. RINJANI TREKKING LOMBOK INDONESIA

Rinjani Trekking Info

There over 20 villages surround Mt. Rinjani and there are many routes up the mountain,

but the main access is from Senaru in the north and Sembalun Lawang to the east. The challenging three-day Rinjani Trek route from Senaru to the crater rim (Plawangan), down to the stunning crater lake then on to Sembalun Lawang, is considered one of the best treks in South East Asia. Those heading for the summit usually ...
Read more : MOUNT. RINJANI TREKKING LOMBOK INDONESIA | Views : 956 | Replies : 0

Climbing in China and the Chinese Mountaineering Association

Hi there,

I have plans for climbing in China this summer and I am looking to speak with anybody who has had previous experience planning trips and climbing within China (whatever type of climbing) - however, I'm particularly interested to speak with individuals who have had experience climbing in untouched areas establishing new routes.

Also, what is the best way to contact the Chinese Mountaineering Association? I am looking to speak with somebody about obtaining ...
Read more : Climbing in China and the Chinese Mountaineering Association | Views : 13051 | Replies : 13

Stok Kangri in May?

I was planning a climbing trip to the Indian Himalayas in May (2006), but my partner has bailed.
It looks like I might be going by myself now. Since I'll be soloing, I'm thinking more along the lines
of attempting a "trekking" peak. I was looking at Stok Kangri. From what I've read so far, it
looks feasible to attempt it solo - at least there are no sections where you would need to be ...
Read more : Stok Kangri in May? | Views : 3136 | Replies : 5

Advice for trekking out of Darjeeling

My wife and I have a week in April to go trekking out of Darjeeling on the Singalila Ridge. We both want to do a bigger trek than this, but are strapped for time (living in Bangalore with jobs).

Has anyone done this trek before? I'm mostly curious as to whether or not we should hire a guiding service. We are both strong hikers and routefinders, so I'm not concerned with needing someone to help ...
Read more : Advice for trekking out of Darjeeling | Views : 659 | Replies : 1

Rinjani Trek Info

Rinjani Trekking Info

There over 20 villages surround Mt. Rinjani and there are many routes up the mountain,

but the main access is from Senaru in the north and Sembalun Lawang to the east. The challenging three-day Rinjani Trek route from Senaru to the crater rim (Plawangan), down to the stunning crater lake then on to Sembalun Lawang, is considered one of the best treks in South East Asia. Those heading for the summit usually ...
Read more : Rinjani Trek Info | Views : 1000 | Replies : 0

climbing around Shanghai?

I'll be in Shanghai on a business trip for three months or so, starting around the middle of March. This will be my first real visit to the country, and I have a ton of questions about climbing options during my stay.

I'd expect to have weekends free, plus that national holiday around May 1st or so. What can realistically be done given these constraints from Shanghai, especially for someone who speaks no Mandarin beyond ...
Read more : climbing around Shanghai? | Views : 4050 | Replies : 4

Pakistan climbing this summer

Climbing around Shimshal this summer, approx 1 month, mostly unclimbed peaks between 6000 and 6500m. Grade-wise probably nothing more than an Alpine D. At the moment there's 3 of us, give or take 1. There are also plans for climbing along the Hispar glacier for a further month. If you think you might be interested get in contact.
Read more : Pakistan climbing this summer | Views : 5291 | Replies : 16

Tibet June

Hello,

I'll be comming off a month of work in eastern Tibet by the end of May and am planning to stay for another month or so to do some trekking and hopefully a bit of minor mountaineering. This will be my second trip to Tibet, having hitched buses out to Dingri in the Spring of 2004 to trek into Cho Oyo and Chomolangma base camps with a couple of partners I found along the ...
Read more : Tibet June | Views : 1172 | Replies : 2

climbing Mt Everest this spring?

If you're heading towards Everest this spring season I would love to chat with you. Please drop me a line.
Thanks,
Joost
Read more : climbing Mt Everest this spring? | Views : 781 | Replies : 0

Moving to Taiwan

Hi, I am about to move to Taiwan by the end of next week - not sure how long, depends on how things go there jobwise. If anybody can give me advice about nice hiking, climbing and mountaineering routes and scenic places there please let me know.
Thanks
Read more : Moving to Taiwan | Views : 743 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136403