It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:14 pm

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Climbing in Central Asia

Hi there,

I am planning a trip this summer to central asia, Kazakstan, Krygystan and the like.

Has anyone here climbed there before?

Did you have any particularly great climbing experiences to share?

I would love to find some experienced partners.

Is anyone interested in possibly doing a first ascent?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
mo
Read more : Climbing in Central Asia | Views : 7239 | Replies : 5

Smoke Blanchard information

I am doing research on a man named Smoke Blanchard. He was an American Mountaineer who guided climbs in the Japanese Alps and Nepal in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s. By 1985, he was living part time in Japan and I am told that there were a number of articles written about him and his forays into the Japanese Alps and there may have been some Napali articals written as well.

Any information from ...
Read more : Smoke Blanchard information | Views : 1492 | Replies : 3

Traverse Gestola - Janga-Tau and Janga-Tau/Gestola/Tetnuld f

Hello!

Does anybody know anything about traversing from Gestola to Janga-Tau?

Or has anybody climbed Gestola or Tetnuld from Georgia and has route infos?

Regards,
Peter
Read more : Traverse Gestola - Janga-Tau and Janga-Tau/Gestola/Tetnuld f | Views : 903 | Replies : 1

Advice needed: Nepal

Hello,

In the monsoon period of 2005 i made it to the Annapurna base camp. The only other climbs i've done are the "mountains" around little Adelaide and those around Kathmandu. I want to head back to Nepal after the elections, or whenever the political insurgency has calmed and climb a peak with my friend. I'm not sure what peak to attempt and what training perhaps I would require to accomplish this goal. I've been ...
Read more : Advice needed: Nepal | Views : 1763 | Replies : 7

Wadi Rum (Rum Doodle Pillar) Trip Report

Here is a trip report from UK Climbing.com in Jordan near Jebel Rum - Cool pictures <a href=http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=166175>http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=166175</a>
<a href=http://www.montagna.co.uk/wadi_rum_report.htm>http://www.montagna.co.uk/wadi_rum_report.htm</a>
Read more : Wadi Rum (Rum Doodle Pillar) Trip Report | Views : 1191 | Replies : 0

K2/Baltoro Trekking - digital cameras not allowed??

The Lonely Planet Pakistan trekking guide says that digital cameras are not allowed and I've heard some trekking agencies telling their clients not too bring them, especially in those restricted zones such as the Baltoro Glacier,

Can anyone share some up-to-date info on this matter?
Read more : K2/Baltoro Trekking - digital cameras not allowed?? | Views : 2786 | Replies : 8

More Muztagata Permit Misery

It has been discussed here more than once before, but its time again to bring the matter once more under attention as the news is not particularily good.

As insiders will know an investment company from Beijing, Zhong Kun, obtained the rights for exploiting Karakol lake establishment, and the base camps for Muztagata and Kongur, two years ago.
Already last year Zhong Kun started to charge sharply increased fees for climbing Muztagata. But by using ...
Read more : More Muztagata Permit Misery | Views : 1850 | Replies : 4

Ama Dablam April/May permit slot available

Hey yal,

2 friends and I are organizing a private Ama Dablam trip this Spring. That leaves 4 spots on the permit, and we'd love to find somebody to fill them.

email me if you're interested. brandon_lampley2002@hotmail.com
Read more : Ama Dablam April/May permit slot available | Views : 1191 | Replies : 0

Anyone climbed Alam Kuh north wall?

I would like to ask a few questions about the routes on the wall.
I appreciate if you can drop me a line.
Peace,
Read more : Anyone climbed Alam Kuh north wall? | Views : 1062 | Replies : 0

Liaison Officers in Afghanistan

Hi!

Does anybody know

- whether one needs Liaison Officers for Afghan 7000 m peaks
- what current 7000 m peak fees are in Afghanistan?

Cheers,
Peter
Read more : Liaison Officers in Afghanistan | Views : 1079 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557977 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136471