It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:00 am

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

CAN Rockies Advice

Another question in preparing for my first trip up (mid-July).

I had planned on the President / Vice Pres. via the President glacier being my prime objective, using MacAurther, Kerr, etc. as other options while in there a few days. Unfortunately, the hut is booked all week... :(

Any suggestions for similar alternatives? Right now we have reservations in the climbers hostel in Canmore. I'd consider my ...
Read more : CAN Rockies Advice | Views : 4279 | Replies : 9

Guidebook for Bugaboos

I'm looking for guidebook to the Bugaboos, any recommendation?
Read more : Guidebook for Bugaboos | Views : 3656 | Replies : 5

Calgary Questions

Can someone tell me the name (address) of the Sam’s/Costco-type (cheap/bulk food) grocery store near the Calgary International Airport? I too rented a car from a hotel next to it.

Any help would be much obliged.

Thanks!
Read more : Calgary Questions | Views : 3019 | Replies : 3

isobutane in talkeetna?

if i'm getting there late friday night and hopefully on the ruth by saturday p.m., where would you go to buy some fuel canisters?

HELL YEAH!!! FIVE DAYS MORE!!!!
Read more : isobutane in talkeetna? | Views : 1533 | Replies : 2

ruth gorge conditions

Some great inside info on the weather:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/956578#Post956578

(courtesy of avner, btw)
Read more : ruth gorge conditions | Views : 1637 | Replies : 0

mount saint elias

I noticed that the 2nd tallest mountain in the US, Mount Saint Elias, doesn't have a page. Does anyone know a good source for info on a trip?
Read more : mount saint elias | Views : 6315 | Replies : 1

Plan B

Well, Mt.Bona trip idea has been squashed. Our climbing window is for the last 2 weeks of July and I was told that a plane cannot safely land on a glacier then, because the snow is too soft.

So, now I'll ask....... what other excellent adventures can be had in that great state?

Suggestions? Ideas? Where would you go ?
Read more : Plan B | Views : 1521 | Replies : 2

Denali tips

Hey All ,

I'm 8 weeks out from a west buttress attempt , I don't know anyone who
Has climbed it . So Im asking you guys, for any tips , on gear and equipment , advice on what to really focus on training wise for the last few weeks....

Cheers
Read more : Denali tips | Views : 54095 | Replies : 124

Garibaldi snowpack this year

Anybody have an idea of the snowpack this year? I know it started off really low, but not sure if they gotten any late season snow. Thinking possibly early June but maybe that's late this year.
Read more : Garibaldi snowpack this year | Views : 2328 | Replies : 2

request for 2-3 day hikes from Anchorage or Juneau?

Hello. Hoping for some suggestions / comments about a good 2-3 day hike from Juneau or Anchorage for the first week of May. I am travelling for work, and I need to book a ticket asap, and I'm considering adding a few days into the weekend to see some of the backcountry.

Regarding level of difficulty, I am competent, have ascended many 14ers in Colorado where I live, but I do not want to over-extend ...
Read more : request for 2-3 day hikes from Anchorage or Juneau? | Views : 4458 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557967 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136443