It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 12:52 am

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

Banff National Park

hello all.
so im flying to BC in June never been there before but form things ive heard banff seems like a perfect choice for all kinds of activities.
i would like to know if any one could recommend all the alternatives for recreation in banff and how to get around to them.
i have essentially 5 days to get dirty in the wild.
if anyone knows of good trekking routs which go up to ...
Read more : Banff National Park | Views : 4028 | Replies : 5

The Cassin Ridge

I'm planning a trip to Denali in May 2011 and hope to climb the Cassin Ridge. Any advice on logistics, equipment, or training for this challenging route? Any first hand info on Denali?

Thanks!

I submitted a video about the trip "The Cassin Ridge" at http://www.nols.edu/contest/
Read more : The Cassin Ridge | Views : 9183 | Replies : 25

banff/lake louise/jasper day hikes

My brother and myself are going to Canada this month for a little over a week and will be spending a few nights in banff, lake louise and jasper. I've never been to Canada and would really appreciate a locals advice on some day hikes. We are both in good shape so the only real qualification is that it needs to be a day hike. Thanks!
Read more : banff/lake louise/jasper day hikes | Views : 4280 | Replies : 6

Guide Book: Waterfall Ice, Climbs in the Canadian Rockies

Waterfall Ice, Climbs in the Canadian Rockies: Does anyone know when this will be reprinted (edition 4 ) or when the next edition is to be published ? I can’t find anything on it at the publisher’s website.

Thanks, Zane.
Read more : Guide Book: Waterfall Ice, Climbs in the Canadian Rockies | Views : 3093 | Replies : 0

Alpine Ice in October...

Interested in getting your recommendations for good alpine ice routes in mid-October, if much of anything will be in. Thoughts?
Read more : Alpine Ice in October... | Views : 1587 | Replies : 1

Help me fill my days

I'm heading to Anchorage in 3 weeks for 6 nights (fri - thur). I will be staying there at least the first night and then the plan "right now" is to head towards Denali for a few days. I was thinking about the Primrose ridge around the Savage river for one day hike. After the 20th the road is open to mile 20 which may open up another option or two.

We did not win ...
Read more : Help me fill my days | Views : 3017 | Replies : 11

Canadas high points

I always hear about people doing the high points of the U.S. but don't often hear mention of people doing the Canadian ones. At least not as much. Have many people here done them or are doing them currently? I know that many are a bit tricky to get to, attaining transportation to the mountain or near it I mean. I'm researching a trip to the high point of Newfoundland and Labrador (and subsequently Quebec ...
Read more : Canadas high points | Views : 36159 | Replies : 30

Diablo Traverse - Devils Thumb Massif finally linked

A great trip report of the Devil's Thumb traverse with spectacular pictures on Colin Haley's web blog

http://colinhaley.blogspot.com

http://www.alpinist.com/doc/web10x/news ... y-schaefer
Read more : Diablo Traverse - Devils Thumb Massif finally linked | Views : 3289 | Replies : 4

scrambles in the bugaboos

So I found out my best friend who just got into bouldering like 3 weeks ago has family 15 mins from the bugaboos. I don't do much rope climbing and he's afraid of heights. Great combo of awesomeness! But any recommendations for some class 3 or 4 scrambles or general mountaineering routes to check out? Hell we would have atleast a year to train. I wouldn't mind going to the low 5's. Idk about him ...
Read more : scrambles in the bugaboos | Views : 9882 | Replies : 11

Good climbs for Beginners in B.C?

Hey everyone,

In a couple of days I'll be traveling to Jasper to take a glacier travel course and learn all the skills necessary to travel safely on a glacier, mountaineering, etc... After the course a couple of friends and myself want to put our skills to use and climb something. Originally we had Mt. Baker planned, but it seems that that won't work out now.

Does anyone know of some good climbs somewhere in ...
Read more : Good climbs for Beginners in B.C? | Views : 2885 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558012 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136555