It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:32 pm

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

Athabasca and Victoria partners

I've posted my plans in the "plans and partners" section but not had any takers so far. I am looking for partners to climb Mt Athabasca and MT Victoria in late June or July, 2010. There must be some of you Canadians interested. Let me know if there is a better way to get in touch with someone who may be interested. Thanks for your help.
Read more : Athabasca and Victoria partners | Views : 2139 | Replies : 1

perched synclines

Read more : perched synclines | Views : 1223 | Replies : 0

Wicked Wanda ice video

Since Wicked Wanda is on the front cover of the current Alpinist I got inspired to sort through my footage with the new GoPro camera over Xmas, and this is the result:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fJUlP3eyOA&hd=1

It was on the easy side this year for sure, but still had some wicked ice formations.
(my first video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uK6oJTyOmo&hd=1)
Read more : Wicked Wanda ice video | Views : 2492 | Replies : 6

Going to Banff. What to climb? What to ski? Updated

I'm going to Banff next week for 5 days. First time there.

Where should I ski to find some powder (nothing too extreme, I'm an ok skier but haven't skied in 10 years. I'm in good shape though.)

Where should I go for Ice climbing (WI3-4)? Is there a good place to go climb at night? What are the classics?

In short, what would you recommend doing for 5 days when staying in Banff?

Thanks! ...
Read more : Going to Banff. What to climb? What to ski? Updated | Views : 2630 | Replies : 6

winter mountaineering in BC ???

any idea what mountain can be climb in december/january/february ? up to AD+...anywhere out west basically (pacific range, BC rockies, alberta...)

thanks !!!
Read more : winter mountaineering in BC ??? | Views : 4715 | Replies : 3

Looking for a place to live Canmore/banff

hi
i am relocating to the canmore area from sunny california at the end of this month. Ideally id like to live with like minded people, ie. climbers.
My price range is around $600. I dont mind signing a lease for a year if needs be...
I am not really into the party hard thing but i like an occasional drink now and again.
. I was born and raised in ireland, male, am very ...
Read more : Looking for a place to live Canmore/banff | Views : 2972 | Replies : 3

Wapta Icefield Traverse

Myself and a buddy are headed up to the Wapta Icefield this week... Right now we are planning on an in-and-out, but would like to go one way. Does anyone know of a shuttle or persons willing to assist in a shuttle?
Read more : Wapta Icefield Traverse | Views : 1941 | Replies : 2

Realistic Denali budget?

Hi all,

Been looking at guided climbs of Denali, I have used guides before, and while I am familiar with the advantages of using a guide the obvious disadvantage is the price. I'm wondering if some people who have climbed Denali in recent years can give me an idea of the sort of budget they used. Most guided climbs of Denali are around 6k, just curious what those have done it without guides have spent. ...
Read more : Realistic Denali budget? | Views : 4022 | Replies : 2

some ice action....

Two of my Canadian ice climbing partners got out together this past week......and one just added a head cam to his repertoire.....he is a member of SP (pvalchev), but of the quiet, busy and humble variety....so I am posting this up as good motivation to get out on some ice....nice work Peter!
http://vimeo.com/8440174
Read more : some ice action.... | Views : 5099 | Replies : 15

Some photos from the Alaska Range.

hey folks, I thought some of you might enjoy some of these photos of the Alaska Range that I shot over the last 8 years.

http://alasdairturner.blogspot.com/2009 ... white.html

enjoy.
Read more : Some photos from the Alaska Range. | Views : 3733 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136459