It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:56 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Looking for climbers in Zermatt, August 2006

I'll be in Zermatt for the two middle weeks in August, 2006. I do not want to do anything extremely hard but am up for just about any summit but I need a pertner or two.

Sorry to post this on the message board but I was'nt getting any responses on "Plans & Partners"
Read more : Looking for climbers in Zermatt, August 2006 | Views : 564 | Replies : 0

Early summer conditions around Mayrhofen

Hello,
I am thinking of visiting Mayrhofen late May intending to walk at around 3000m, 15km a day approx. Is it highly likely to be impossible because of snow? I am not thinking of this year in particular, but any year. Where will the snow line be approximately?
Thankyou.
Read more : Early summer conditions around Mayrhofen | Views : 856 | Replies : 1

Seeking Beginner Mountaineers in Berlin Area

My girlfriend and I are planning to finally try some moutaineering this summer. We do already have some experience on rock. We are considering taking a week long introduction to moutaineering class with the German alpine club. We'd like to spend a second week doing easy climbs or glacier trekking, but need to find at least one or two more people to be safe. We have been looing at the Monte Rosa area, Mt Blanc, ...
Read more : Seeking Beginner Mountaineers in Berlin Area | Views : 1245 | Replies : 2

New Website with communication lines in Europe!

Hi @ all Mountaineers who want to climb mountains in Europe :wink:

I found a fantastic website with links to all important communication lines in short-distance traffic in whole Europe:
http://www.nahverkehr.info/
This site is available in German, English and Russian(!). Take a look on it - it's great :roll:
Read more : New Website with communication lines in Europe! | Views : 1308 | Replies : 3

Mönch - climbing conditions

Hello everybody, this upcoming weekend my pals and I are planning a trip to Switzerland. Our climbing goal is the Mönch via the Nollen route. If anybody has been on the mountain or in the area recently can you let me know what conditions are like. How much snow can we await, and if the route is actually climbable this winter. Any info will help, links as well. Possibly it will save us a long ...
Read more : Mönch - climbing conditions | Views : 877 | Replies : 1

Aiguille Verte in April?

hi everybody

which conditions do you think we could have in the second week of april in the aiguille verte?
we are thinking in Cotourier and Whymper couloirs...

how's usually the weather? and the conditions of the route?

we are from Barcelona... if you think that climbing in that zone in april is not a good idea... please tell us, and we'll save 800 km aprox :D ...
Read more : Aiguille Verte in April? | Views : 749 | Replies : 0

Berner Oberland/Wallis/Chamonix 25.03.-02.04

Who would like to climb Fiescherhorn/Mönch/Jungfrau/Aletschhorn in the Berner Oberland,
Gr.Combin in Wallis and/or Aiguille D'Argentiere/Breche Puisseux and MtBlanc from 25.03.-02.04 ? email to thxpg4@web.de
Read more : Berner Oberland/Wallis/Chamonix 25.03.-02.04 | Views : 1044 | Replies : 1

Chamonix/Mont Blanc Partner needed May 20-27

I will be in Chamonix on May 20-27. I would like a partner to climb Mont Blanc probably by the Dome du Gouter route. I would also like to do some acclimatizing on Mont Blanc du Tacul or maybe ice climbing by the Augille de Midi, but I haven't put much thought into that part yet and its pretty flexible. Let me know if you are interested!
Troy
Read more : Chamonix/Mont Blanc Partner needed May 20-27 | Views : 2078 | Replies : 1

OROBIE ALPS REFUGES OPENING DATES

I have spent many an hour on the net trying to find exact opening dates for all huts in the Orobie.I got info from various sites including including the Italian alpne club but on going out to the Orobie last June found to my cost the info on the sites did not match the actual huts being open.I intend going again ON 18 June for 10 days.Can anyone help.
Thanks
Dave
Read more : OROBIE ALPS REFUGES OPENING DATES | Views : 852 | Replies : 1

Pozdrav svima

Zelim samo da vas sve pozdravim. Kao ljubitelj planina veoma sam vam svima zahvalan na opisima a prvenstveno na slikama tih nasih planinskih ljepotica. Vama je mozda vec dosadio, ali i ne slutite kako vam zavidim na snijegu!
Read more : Pozdrav svima | Views : 495 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557979 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136488