Seeking Beginner Mountaineers in Berlin Area

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
rpiontek

Seeking Beginner Mountaineers in Berlin Area

by rpiontek » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:58 am

My girlfriend and I are planning to finally try some moutaineering this summer. We do already have some experience on rock. We are considering taking a week long introduction to moutaineering class with the German alpine club. We'd like to spend a second week doing easy climbs or glacier trekking, but need to find at least one or two more people to be safe. We have been looing at the Monte Rosa area, Mt Blanc, maybe the Haute route. Wondering if there's anyone else that has similar interests and goals in the Berlin area?

chris.mueller

Mountaineering

by chris.mueller » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:18 pm

Hi

living near and working in Berlin I will do nearly the same program you want to do. I will be at the basic glacier course in the last week of June. In july I like to do some easy 3000 an 4000m peaks. Before I´d like to go up to the Zugspitz summit an some easy scrambles. I do rockclimbing up to 6th Grade UIAA.

Cheers

Chris

Ryle
Site Admin

by Ryle » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:29 pm

You may also want to try posting in the Plans and Partners section.

http://www.summitpost.org/plans/activities_list.php

These message board posts can get lost in the shuffle easily, but people will still be able to find your Plans and Partners post easily.

Return to Europe