It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:55 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Holiday Drama of Vast Integrity

As xdoogiex said, occasionally PnP is "one big family"

well, that would at least explain all the harsh words and broken spirits

is your family, or your in-laws ever worse than PnP? like at the most.. wonderful.. time of the year?

share a horror story and cheer me up! the more unbelievably nonsensical and cruel, the better.
Read more : Holiday Drama of Vast Integrity | Views : 1535 | Replies : 7

I'm addicted!

Hey guys, I'm new here, I actually just started sport climbing about 6 or 7 months ago and I absolutely love it. I would climb all day if my arms would let me. I want to get into mountaineering, it just looks like a lot of fun. As of now I climb as often as I can at the gym, and work on my cardio and core strength. What do you guys recommend as a ...
Read more : I'm addicted! | Views : 6068 | Replies : 32

It´s all about IMPACT

that´s what it´s about IMPACT. No IMPACT then no research grant! IMPACT is what counts these days if you want research money from the government. IMPACT means financial benefits, practical use, instant success - all those buzz words that the bean counters like to use to justify themeselves! If Kepler, Galileo, Copernicus, Newton, Boyle, Darwin or Einstein were alive today and looking for a research grant from the British government they´d fail the IMPACT test.
Read more : It´s all about IMPACT | Views : 4591 | Replies : 32

Rules for Walking on Frozen Lakes?

More of a wilderness topic...

How thick does ice have to be on a frozen lake for it to be considered safe to walk on? I ask this because today I walked across my first frozen lake. It wasn't for fun, rather walking across it happened to be the most direct route to where we were going (it was Mitchell Lake, in the Indian Peaks, Colorado BTW). I knew the ice was solid because this ...
Read more : Rules for Walking on Frozen Lakes? | Views : 45459 | Replies : 53

parking passes & motorcycles

Does anyone have a clever solution for securely displaying parking passes on motorcycles? Parking in the Angeles NF requires an Adventure Pass or a National Parks Pass, but there's no entrance kiosk. thanks
Read more : parking passes & motorcycles | Views : 5231 | Replies : 4

I can't resist her, OMGaga!!!

I hated pop like this growing up but I actually like her and her music...maybe I'm just more agreeable now. When I first heard of her I read her Wikipedia page and was shocked to know that she actually had some serious talent as a kid.

So yeah I do like her alot and I am not afraid to say it.
Read more : I can't resist her, OMGaga!!! | Views : 5992 | Replies : 38

Freesoloing….could you watch?

As I remember Bachar could barely watch Yabo’s shakey freesolo of Spiderline at J-tree. If given the opportunity to watch someone FS (even something historic like Alex Honnold doing Half Dome, yikes), I’d pass. Curious if you could watch someone freesolo :?:
Read more : Freesoloing….could you watch? | Views : 11662 | Replies : 38

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557965 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136441