It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:33 pm

News News of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Site map of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY) » Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.

Wind River reports?

Anyone been into the Wind Rivers recently?
Where were you? How much snow? What were the snow conditions?

TIA-
splattski
Read more : Wind River reports? | Views : 9375 | Replies : 16

Sawtooths/Stanley

I'm going to be up in the sawtooths/stanley area over the next week. Anyone want to check out the conditions and potentially climb.
Text me at 860-866-8197.
Read more : Sawtooths/Stanley | Views : 1730 | Replies : 0

beartooths snow levels

fisher creek snotel shows 57" still on the ground. seems like a lot... especially since i plan to start a 2 week hike n' peak bag trip along the rosebuds in 3-4 weeks. anyone been up high and have some first hand beta ?
Read more : beartooths snow levels | Views : 2226 | Replies : 2

Waiting in the Tetons

Hello all.

I am currently working here in Grand Teton National Park, where it has been cold and rainy for the past 2 weeks. However, I'm sure things will turn for the better soon.

If you're going to be in the area, look me up! I'm looking for trustworthy climbing and hiking partners to do some fun routes this summer. If you're interested, PM me or post to this page.

Just throwing that out there. ...
Read more : Waiting in the Tetons | Views : 8214 | Replies : 42

Chimney Rock/Roothaan - Selkirk Crest

Does anyone know if the West Route (Hunt Creek Rd.) trail head is accessible by vehicle yet? Can any of you Priest Lakers still see snow on the crest?
Read more : Chimney Rock/Roothaan - Selkirk Crest | Views : 2597 | Replies : 3

Partner in idaho

Hi.
I'm going to be in Idaho around Boise for the next couple weeks.
I want to climb. I am safe.
I can be found at 860 866 8197
Jeff
Read more : Partner in idaho | Views : 2094 | Replies : 0

Gannett Peak - Late July

Hello all,

Planning on attempting Gannett the last week of July via the standard route - I had a few quick questions:

1. In 5 of the 6 trip reports I read for the time of year I would be climbing, no rope was used during the trip - Obviously if it can be avoided I would prefer not to carry in a rope.

2. Obvisously I understand weather can be unpredictible in any mountains ...
Read more : Gannett Peak - Late July | Views : 8446 | Replies : 26

Geology of Rock Climbing

An interesting presentation is coming to Laramie on 2 June at the University of Wyoming.

Flakes, Jugs & Splitters: The Geology of Rock Climbing, slide show and book signing (2009 Banff Book Festival winner) by geologist, writer, and climber Sarah Garlick.
Read more : Geology of Rock Climbing | Views : 1328 | Replies : 1

backpacking in glacier NP

looking for suggestions for 4-6 day backpack trip in GNP. interested in elevation and proximity to glaciers among other things.

also what is bear activity typically like?

would also appreciate notes on best car-camping spots not in the campgrounds with lots of rv & noise.

and anything else noteworthy with respect to epic day hikes

cheers
Read more : backpacking in glacier NP | Views : 3465 | Replies : 7

LOST rope and rope bag City of Rocks, ID on Mother's Day!

:oops: Please help: I lost a BRAND new blue 10.3 mm 60 meter Edelweiss rope at City of Rocks over Mother's Day during a family climbing trip. It was left at the base of Elephant Rock in a red rope bag! Reward offered if found!

Thank you!
Read more : LOST rope and rope bag City of Rocks, ID on Mother's Day! | Views : 1266 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136452