It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:01 am

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Dayhikes near Wenatchee

Any suggestions for a decent day hike near downtown Wenatchee? Most of the hikes I'm finding are in the Wenatchee national forest - I'm just looking for a few hour conditioner within half an hour of the downtown area. I'm thinking there's got to be trails on the hills surrounding Wenatchee. (6-12miles 2000-4000 feet elevation gain would be ideal) Thanks!
Read more : Dayhikes near Wenatchee | Views : 1875 | Replies : 2

Is there Cell Coverage on Mt. Baker and Mt. Shuksan?

If there is cell coverage on either of these guys?

If so, what carrier? Thanks.
Read more : Is there Cell Coverage on Mt. Baker and Mt. Shuksan? | Views : 14609 | Replies : 6

The strangest tracks I ever saw. Anyone have an idea?

Last weekend on Goblin Mountain, Redwic and I saw some very peculiar tracks. Looking like tracks left by two dragging sticks, it never left any hint of a footprint or body. There were no other tracks around in the fresh snow. We followed it downhill into a basin and it went uphill on the other side. The two channels always maintained an equal distance of about 6 inches apart. I'm flabbergasted.

Image Image
Read more : The strangest tracks I ever saw. Anyone have an idea? | Views : 10023 | Replies : 41

Alt plans for Rainier trip

Coming to WA and was planning a go at Rainier this weekend/early next week with a couple buddies. Weather looks like shit and I'm not sure how much fun it will be sitting in the hut at Muir for 4 days waiting for a small weather window.

So, any suggestions for alternative plans Friday-Tuesday in the surrounding areas? I guess beer tasting is always an option... Never thought I'd be disappointed with drinking beer, but ...
Read more : Alt plans for Rainier trip | Views : 2085 | Replies : 4

North Cascade Highway opening 2010?

Just had to start this news...
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/northcascades

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wsdot/sets ... 371473447/

Always look forward to the road opening...Any one ever get to the gate when the hot cinammin rolls are offered on opening day? What is that lady's name from Marblemount that does that?
Read more : North Cascade Highway opening 2010? | Views : 4301 | Replies : 9

Liberty Ridge gone?

At least the route page here on SP is missing. For such an excellent route I hope someone can build another page to join the many quality routes on Rainier. Cheers!
Read more : Liberty Ridge gone? | Views : 2970 | Replies : 7

Stuart Lake TH access

Is it accessable right now? I am planning a trip next week or the week after to do Colchuck and/or Dragontail. I was hoping to see if one can get up there.

Also, does anyone have any experience doing both Dragontail and Colchuck from the Colchuck glacier route in one shot? What should I expect if I want to do both?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Read more : Stuart Lake TH access | Views : 5698 | Replies : 18

Adams South Spur approach?

Has anybody been up the South Spur recently? Cascadeclimbers says there was a big tree down over road 80 back in January, but has no other recent info. I don't know how much snow there is up there either. Hasn't this been a weak winter, especially down in southern cascades?

I'm hoping to get up there in May, but I don't know what to expect. Anyone have any idea?
Read more : Adams South Spur approach? | Views : 1815 | Replies : 2

Snow Conditions in Snoqualmie Pass

I am going to be in the NW here for the next couple of weeks and I was wondering what the current snow conditions are like around Snoqualmie Pass. I was looking at soloing Chair Peak. Is this worth doing right now? I know that area is very prone to avalanches, so any advice would be appreciated.
Read more : Snow Conditions in Snoqualmie Pass | Views : 1622 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557979 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136481