It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:13 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

SP Ojos or Aconcagua trip December 2008?

Well, my wife says she wants to climb Ojos or Aconcagua next year.

Not my first choice of climbs, but if she wants to climb a big mountain I'm all over it and will do a route she wants. She is only interested via one of the non-tech routes, most likely the normal on Aconcagua or the Argentina side of Ojos.

Anyone interested?

For us, it would have to be over the Christmas holidays and ...
Read more : SP Ojos or Aconcagua trip December 2008? | Views : 2888 | Replies : 14 | Forum : South America

Jetboil on orizaba

hello,

I am going to orizaba around xmas time. does anyone know if i can get a pressurized propane for my jetboil in Tlachichuca? and where?

Thanks. :?
Read more : Jetboil on orizaba | Views : 4055 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

What's new - Asia

Finally the page about the 6370m Jiao Feng is ready!

We climbed it via The NW Ridge

Check out these two pages about an obscure peak in the heart of the Kunlun.
Read more : What's new - Asia | Views : 64364 | Replies : 33 | Forum : Asia

India Ideas - Beyond Stok Kangri . . .

Hello everyone,

I was hoping for some feedback regarding peaks in India. Quick background: I'm a somewhat novice climber (I live in Queens, NY - not too many mountains around here) with very little rock climbing experience and some beginner/intermediate mountaineering experience (Rainier, Cotopaxi, Chimborazo, Huyana Potosi, etc.) My last trip took me to Bolivia where I flew up Pequeno Alpamayo and HP - normal routes - with little effort and although they were beautiful, ...
Read more : India Ideas - Beyond Stok Kangri . . . | Views : 3589 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Asia

Climbing Aguja Guillaumet

Any personal experience with climbing Aguja Guillaumet? This is our main objective when we hit Patagonia next month. I know it's just over 9000' but I can't find any detailed information about the surrounding terrain.
Read more : Climbing Aguja Guillaumet | Views : 3656 | Replies : 11 | Forum : South America

2 in rope team need 3rd for ecuador volcanoes

Hello, we are a party of two and are looking for more people to join our rope team or at least share travel expenses to cotapoxi, chimbo and antisana. we will be in ecuador starting on dec 23rd. we are experienced looking for an experienced third or fourth

please response with PM or email amir at aierez at yahoo.com
Read more : 2 in rope team need 3rd for ecuador volcanoes | Views : 973 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Skiing the Dolimites!

So my friends and I are going to Italy to ski in the Dolomites for 5 days and I found this area that has something like 400 lifts and almost endless ski runs. We want to village hop and stay in different places but need some help with finding the best villages to stay in and best way to get around using the lifts. The towns around this are Arraba, Cortina, and Val Gardena

If ...
Read more : Skiing the Dolimites! | Views : 651 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Ride to Piedra Grande

I was just making sure that I would be able to get a ride up to Piedra Grande from Tlachichuca all year round. I will be heading up to Pico on March 22 and I know this is late in the season. Just wanted to make sure the trip wouldnt be ruined when I got to Tlachichuca.

Also Since Im flying into Mexico City with a group of four people, would I be better hiring ...
Read more : Ride to Piedra Grande | Views : 1732 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Extremely Important: Ecuador

I have just shared an extremely traumatic experience with my climbing partners (including fellow summitposter mattyj) in Quito which is causing us to abandon our plans to climb the major volcanoes here and return home tomorrow. The following is a brief account of what happened. I will provide more details when I am back home (and I´m sure that the others will chime in). I sincerely hope that anyone with immediate plans to travel to ...
Read more : Extremely Important: Ecuador | Views : 18280 | Replies : 58 | Forum : South America

Chimborazo Ecuador

Has anyone climbed the new route/routes? on Chimborazo put up by AII? I am wondering about a little beta if possible. Thanks!
Read more : Chimborazo Ecuador | Views : 1576 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557975 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136466