It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 pm

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Tsirio to Proto | V UIAA, 170 m | Trad Multipitch (Greece)

“Tsirio to Proto” (V, 170 m.) is located the north face of Mount Onia (Oneia), just few kilometers far from the city of Corinth. The route, can be described as a recreational multipitch climb for amateur climbers that want to explore their skills in traditional multipitch climbing. This is a very atmospheric route with great views towards Saronic sea and the Corinthian gulf.

Read complete review with a FREE topo map of the route here: ...
Read more : Tsirio to Proto | V UIAA, 170 m | Trad Multipitch (Greece) | Views : 2359 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Alpina V 300 m. | Mount Giona (Greece)

It has been almost three years ago since my last visit on Mount Giona. Also, this is the third time I reach the Pyramida peak, 2.510 m. and each time I have reached the top from different routes.

The first time I visited Giona I hiked towards the top from Kaloskopi. The second time, via Karagiannis’ path and this time I reached the top of mount Giona via the famous mountaineering route, Alpina V UIAA ...
Read more : Alpina V 300 m. | Mount Giona (Greece) | Views : 2820 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Accident in Wilder Kaiser

Hi folks,
I'd like to report an accident I was involved in in the Wilder Kaiser on July 25th.

A friend and I climbed the Predigtstuhl Nordkante (700 m, IV+), then descended the Botzong Kamin to the Botzong Kessel. From there we decided to climb the Predigtstuhl Mittelspitze via the Westschlucht (~250 m, IV+). We climbed 3 pitches, encountering loose/dangerous rock. After the 3rd pitch, which traversed around a corner and into a great gully ...
Read more : Accident in Wilder Kaiser | Views : 3171 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Europe

Posters of climbing routes of Mont Blanc Posters of climbing routes of Mont Blanc

Since most of my photo assignments got cancelled due to a certain global event, I decided to take on a fun new project: drawing all the climbing routes on some high quality aerial photos of iconic faces of the Mont Blanc ranges. It will soon be a book, and in the meantime they are all available as fine art posters (about 16x23") at pretty affordable prices. You can also download HD versions of the files ...
Read more : Posters of climbing routes of Mont Blanc | Views : 5207 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Europe

Monsters of the Wind IV+/V- UIAA 500 m. (Greece)

Monsters of the Wind IV+/V- UIAA 500 m. – First Ascent of the South-West Ridge of Mount Ortholithi

Ever since I started my outdoor adventures, and especially climbing, I was always excited to repeat famous climbing routes that were first ascended by legendary greek and not only climbers.
All these years, I have been on several mountain peaks and lakes, I have climbed traditional routes, I’ve pushed my limits in sport climbing, I trained in ...
Read more : Monsters of the Wind IV+/V- UIAA 500 m. (Greece) | Views : 2397 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Venezuela

Hello guys its my first post as i have just made an account on the hunt for information regarding Venezuela and in particular, Delgado chelbaud peak. As there is little to no info on this peak I would imagine partly because it aint the highest in the country and the issues facing Venezuela recently.
Read more : Venezuela | Views : 3201 | Replies : 2 | Forum : South America

Slovenia Winter Recommendations (14-16th Feb)

I'm looking for suggestions of winter hikes / snow shoeing etc.

A friend and I are flying to Ljubljana on Thursday evening (13th). We then have 3 full days to spend exploring the mountains.

We both have winter skills experience from Scotland, so we're trained in using Ice Axes, Crampons, Winter navigation etc.

It looks like it hasn't snowed for a while but there might be some fresh snow falling on Thursday.

We're looking ...
Read more : Slovenia Winter Recommendations (14-16th Feb) | Views : 2395 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Partner wanted for 6000m peak around Namche Bazzar, N Partner wanted for 6000m peak around Namche Bazzar, N

Partner wanted for 6000(ish) m peaks around Namche Bazzar, Nepal April-May 2020

I will be in namchee bazzar for working with Sagarmartha Next on the Everest rubbish clean up operation this may-april. I would like to bag a peak whilst there on my days off. Anyone interested please get in touch... Pokalde or Lobuche look interesting. I think the first one requires no permit so it is my preference but im open to suggestions. Looking ...
Read more : Partner wanted for 6000m peak around Namche Bazzar, N | Views : 2496 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Record Breaking Aconcagua Ascent - 3 hrs 38 mins

https://www.planetmountain.com/en/news/ ... scent.html -- Martin Zhor completes record-breaking Aconcagua ascent in 3 hrs, 38 mins
Read more : Record Breaking Aconcagua Ascent - 3 hrs 38 mins | Views : 2620 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Winter in Nepal?

Has anyone been to 6000m Trekking Peaks in Nepal, in January/February? Any advice on permitting, access, and conditions would be greatly appreciated.

How feasible is it to plan to just show up in Kathmandu in mid January, and sort everything out for myself on the ground?
Read more : Winter in Nepal? | Views : 3084 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Asia

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557948 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136405