It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:58 pm

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Trekking in the Supramonte, Sardegna-Sardinia

Hello there

I'll ask my question both in English and Italian, to reach a wider audience, since I am Italian living in Canada

I'll travel to Sardinia, Italy, in August, to the Supramonte area ( Dorgali, Cala Gonone)
There is mixed information on the Web about the duration of the mountain trek from Cala Fuili to Cala Luna.

The official distance from the trail head at Cala Fuili to Cala Luna is about 5 km ...
Read more : Trekking in the Supramonte, Sardegna-Sardinia | Views : 2084 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Ushba Logistics

Hi All,

Just looking for a few more details about Ushba before we fly out to Georgia. If anyone can help to answer the questions below that would be great.

- Is there any phone signal on Ushba glacier? If so what carrier?

- What are the mountain rescue services like in that part of Georgia? How much insurance cover would be appropriate?

- Do we need any hammered aid gear for the couple of ...
Read more : Ushba Logistics | Views : 4487 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Cordillera Blanca in May? Huascaran vs Toc

Howdy.

I'm new to Peru, but not to other Andean peaks.

I'm considering heading to the CB next May, but understand this is the shoulder season for the bigger peaks. If someone could give me their opinion tackling Huascaran vs Tocllaraju mid/late May I'd appreciate it. Also I know a little bit about Casa de Guias and Skyline, if anyone would give me a guide recommendation I would also appreciate it. I'm considering Pisco->Huascaran vs ...
Read more : Cordillera Blanca in May? Huascaran vs Toc | Views : 2654 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Only one route to the summit is known? Only one route to the summit is known?

Am a writer. To illustrate my point by analogy, I need a name of a famous mountain where experienced climbers know of only one route to reach the summit -- where climbers would be foolish to try any other approach than the one tried and true.
Read more : Only one route to the summit is known? | Views : 3337 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Planning multi-day hike in Stubai Alps, Austria

My family (2 adults,2 teenagers) are planning a multi-day hike in the Stubai Alps in mid Aug. We are reasonably experienced hikers (we did a multi-day trek in the Dolomites last year), but not experts by any means. We have developed a draft itinerary which is as follows:

Day 1:
- Park at Mutterbergalm and hike up to Dresdner Hut
- Hike from Dresdner Hut to Sulzenau Hut (spend night)

Day 2:
- Hike from ...
Read more : Planning multi-day hike in Stubai Alps, Austria | Views : 2294 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Mountaineering school Bolivia

Hi!

I would like to do a week- long basic mountaineering course while I 'm in Bolivia. Does anyone have experience of the course run by Andean Summits?
Is there some other company that you would recommend?

Thanks!

Frida
Read more : Mountaineering school Bolivia | Views : 2643 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Huayhuash vs EBC three passes: Which is harder?

I have a question for those that have done the three passes EBC trek, and who've also done the huayhuash trek (supported). which is more difficult overall if we ignore the fact that the three passes takes twice as long.. just in terms of harder terrain, acclimatizing to altitude, cold, comfort, bigger days, etc..?

We have two kids who will be 9 and 11 next year, they've hiked and backpacked all over the rockies, the ...
Read more : Huayhuash vs EBC three passes: Which is harder? | Views : 4963 | Replies : 4 | Forum : South America

Best Mountains to Climb in Southeast Asia Best Mountains to Climb in Southeast Asia

Hello!

I'm building a website about climbing mountains in Southeast Asia - a different experience to most of the mountains on this site.

In your opinion, which mountains offer the best climbing experience in Southeast Asia?

I'm particularly short of good climbs in Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar. Out of those countries I only have Doi Inthanon, Doi Chiang Dao, Mount Aural, and Mount Popa.

My website is summits.com in case you're interested. ...
Read more : Best Mountains to Climb in Southeast Asia | Views : 2678 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Grossglockner this summer

Hey folks. Going to climb this one in late July and it looks straightforward, but the plethora of routes, huts, and different starting points are a bit overwhelming. Was planning to do it in a full day, so I'd probably be going for the shortest route, provided it's not rougher than AD+ or so/ harder than 5.4. Not going to have sleeping bag and air mattress for the night before, so that's a consideration. Could ...
Read more : Grossglockner this summer | Views : 2409 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Cotopaxi - newbie

Hi all,

I will be backpacking through Ecuador throughout July time and would love to climb Cotopaxi. I will however be the first to admit that i have no knowledge when it comes to these sort of things and this would be my first climb at this level so understand i may be biting off more than i can chew (please tell me if you would advise against this trip). Has any one climbed this ...
Read more : Cotopaxi - newbie | Views : 5021 | Replies : 2 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136452