It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:44 am

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

A quick photo research

Being impressed by Lorenzo's high quality pictures, I asked myself which indicator could be a good measure of it. The best rated picture may only be a pure luck (also my best rated picture is far from being my favourite one). The number of posted pictures is even worse. So, I looked at the rating of the 27th picture on member's profile page - the last one, showed in a series of thumbnails. These are ...
Read more : A quick photo research | Views : 1715 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Europe

acclimatization climbs on the Italian side of Mont Blanc

I want to do the Italian normal route on MB in late July and want to acclimatize with a PD or easy AD climb a day or two before. A relatively short rock, ice or mixed route from the Italian side would be ideal. Any suggestions?
Read more : acclimatization climbs on the Italian side of Mont Blanc | Views : 2537 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Europe

New New Zealand pages!

Hey everybody with a New Zealand interest -

I've just added a route page and a trip report for Ball Pass, along with a number of photos that I quite liked. I'll be adding a couple of new mountain pages as well in the near future. I'd appreciate any feedback or additions to the route page - let me know!

Thanks, :P
Howie

http://www.summitpost.org/route/187559/ball-pass.html
http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/187596/ball-pass-crossing.html
Read more : New New Zealand pages! | Views : 5107 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

Cordillera Blanca access is NOT going to be restricted!!

It is under review a law that will make climbing in the Cordillera Blanca highly restrictive. A link to the British Mountaineering Council describes all the changes that are on the air
<http://www.thebmc.co.uk/news_det.asp?item_id=877>
A more extensive artcle from THe American Alpine Club can be found at http://www.americanalpineclub.org/docs/2004_Winter_AAN.pdf

A brief look at the new regulations:

The key articles affecting climbers and trekkers are;
Article 7.1: Concerning the prohibition of "free entries" for the tourist activities which ...
Read more : Cordillera Blanca access is NOT going to be restricted!! | Views : 2167 | Replies : 5 | Forum : South America

Peru Elections

No. I would still go.
Read more : Peru Elections | Views : 1579 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Elbrus expedition

We've got a 4-pax group for Elbrus expedition for a date of 24th of july for about 10 days. To decrease price, we would like to invite more people for our expedition. If you are interested, contact me:
bukh@pisem.net
Read more : Elbrus expedition | Views : 2260 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Europe

Hej SLO-CRO-BIH-SCG-MK Team...

pozdravlja vas jedan Dalmatinac koji zivi u Nirnbergu (Bavarska, Njem.) Stvorili ste pravi Balkan Power u ovom forumu, vrazi vas odnili :D

Samo tako nastavite dragi moji.

Zivila balkanska priroda,
Andelko
Read more : Hej SLO-CRO-BIH-SCG-MK Team... | Views : 633 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Mountain huts in Cordillera Blanca

According the the South American Explorer (v80) there are three mountian refuges (huts) at the base camps of Huascaran, Pisco and Ishinca. All proceeds go towards constructing homes for the locals. For more information on how you can help or to make a reservation email andesdbosco@hotmail.com.

For all those lucky enough to be heading to Peru this year.
Read more : Mountain huts in Cordillera Blanca | Views : 1248 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Bolivia questions

Planning a trip to Bolivia Jun 16-July25. Couple of questions regarding best places to stay while in La Paz, also Sajama is on the schedule and I've heard conditions can be quite cold. I'm contemplating what kind of sleeping bag to take and was wondering if anyone w/ experience in Bolivia or on Sajama itself can recommend a sleeping system that worked for them. Also, does anyone recommend taking overboots to Bolivia? thanks
Read more : Bolivia questions | Views : 2718 | Replies : 2 | Forum : South America

French Maps

Can anyone tell me what is the best french map to use to climb Mont Blanc? :?
Read more : French Maps | Views : 1578 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557969 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136452