Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:44 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

how do i get my images

completely deleted from this place? I know that you can delete profiles but the images tend to stay on folks pages. Do i have to delete every single one myself? just wondering. Cause my best contributions are my images and some even published. I don't one speck of my work left on this site.

Thanks
Read more : how do i get my images | Views : 1681 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Site Feedback

Trip reports sorted by date Trip reports sorted by date

It would be good or at least havina a tool for sorting by trip reports by date. I've wondered it when trying to find Mont Blanc trip reports done in summer 2010
Read more : Trip reports sorted by date | Views : 722 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Forum name change request

Dear Elves,

I would like to see the name of a forum on this site being changed into something more historically appropriate:

Could you please consider changing the name "Off-Route" in to "Prate and Prattle"?

Thanks in advance,
Clint/
Read more : Forum name change request | Views : 3625 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Leaving SP?

Are you thinking about leaving SP but are willing to leave behind your pages so others may continue to use them?

First, do you really have to delete your account? Why not just become inactive? There may come a time when you decide you want to resume activity here. In the meantime, if any of your pages need updating, others can adopt them. Deleting your pages could also have organizational effects; for example, deleted areas ...
Read more : Leaving SP? | Views : 15490 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Page Adoption Forum

Meduim Sized Portrait Photos

I notice that in my pages that the medium sized portrait photos are now much smaller than when I originally created them. Is this a permanent change?

Thanks
D
Read more : Meduim Sized Portrait Photos | Views : 882 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Site Feedback

Largest Photo Size? (Problem Uploading Photo)

So I keep trying to upload a megacomposite photo I made showing some routes on Bear Creek Spire. Every time I try to upload the photo, the upload screen uploads for awhile, then directs me to a blank page (except for the SP header & footer). I keep trying to upload this particular photo with no success.

Any thoughts?

Specs are: 4881x 5676 (9.56 MB)

If the problem is one of image size, I wonder ...
Read more : Largest Photo Size? (Problem Uploading Photo) | Views : 1775 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Page Help

Additons and corrections

So, when posting an addition or correction, you click the link, and above the box where you enter your text, it says, "Post an Additon or Correction"

What's an additon? I'm surprised no one else has noticed this yet.
Read more : Additons and corrections | Views : 343 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Poking Sleeping Users

We have an issue on SP with people who join in and put up some decent pages, and then disappear, with their pages getting outdated as years go by. Most of these people are just gone, but I bet there's a few who are just asleep/forgetful. What if, once a year, an automatic e-mail was generated along the lines of what UK Climbing sends out:

(Please don't reply to this automated email)

Thanks for registering ...
Read more : Poking Sleeping Users | Views : 399 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Poor SP Report Form....

I'm OK with cross-posting content from another site, but joining on the very same day that you outright paste everything including headers from a related site is poor form. Unless someone can give me a reason not to, I'm giving this SP report http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/666613/tour-d-crater.htmla big #1. Kinda like giving a crappy relation a dollar, in your will.
Read more : Poor SP Report Form.... | Views : 5821 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Bad Submissions

"medium"-size vertical photos in trip reports

I was going back to clean up a couple old trip reports (Matt's recent changes make a world of difference in pulling up pages with lots of pictures quickly), and noticed that for vertical photos specified as "medium" using simple HTML code, those pictures now appear smaller than they did before. Before, all "medium" photos would have the same width, and on a 1280 resolution width monitor, you could place two of these pictures side-by-side ...
Read more : "medium"-size vertical photos in trip reports | Views : 1299 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Page Help

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 535880 • Total topics 32766 • Total members 107170

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.