Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

It is currently Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:48 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Compromise on incomplete pages?

I have an idea and am interested in hearing others' thoughts on this.

Instead of outright nuking pages that are still incomplete after, say, 24 hours, I can go in and change the page to a custom object and tell the owner to keep it that way until finished. When it's done, the owner can change it back or resubmit it. If the owner changes it back before it's done, I nuke the page.

One ...
Read more : Compromise on incomplete pages? | Views : 5311 | Replies : 99 | Forum : Site Feedback

Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

Upon joining the staff here, I wanted to pay close attention to junk and get rid of it quickly.

Please use this thread and this one only to report pages that may need deletion; it makes it easier for me and for other staff members, and I will be deleting other such threads.

If a page is empty, report it. If a page is under construction but shows little or no progress after a couple ...
Read more : Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages | Views : 30088 | Replies : 357 | Forum : Bad Submissions

Banner ads

What's up with the Cadreon banner ad at the top of the page?! It is 3x larger than the standard banner ads; it takes up fully 50% of the screen!! That's outrageous! :evil: :evil: :evil:

How does one go about complaining to ...
Read more : Banner ads | Views : 476 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Site Feedback

Routes/TR's/Mountains/...

I don't know if you know the website http://www.geocaching.com/ ?

There are different kinds of caches (trad, multi, ...) and they are able to place them on one wordwide map. If you have zoomed enough they will show up (max 500 caches)

Is it possible to place routes/mountaines/... on one map with different symbols?

Makes searching a route/mountain/... in a certain region much easier ...
Read more : Routes/TR's/Mountains/... | Views : 792 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Site Feedback

Problem with pdf file submitted as image

I want to post an image that is a pdf file (728KB). Is this possible?
When I tried to do this, it appeared to upload successfully like other images. But there is a broken link image instead of the file image in the list of My Images on my userpage.
On the page I uploaded it to there is just the file name "Cypress Provincial Park map".
Clicking on this link leads to a popup ...
Read more : Problem with pdf file submitted as image | Views : 461 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Page Help

"No posts exist for this topic"

When I click on "View your posts" in Forums, then on the last page of a thread, get the message "No posts exist for this topic". Only when I click the page before (N-1 or sometimes N-2) I get the last messages.
Read more : "No posts exist for this topic" | Views : 1424 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Site Feedback

Please, Please! map on Create Page: image

Creating an image page (up-loading a photo)

The long/lat pointer on the map is always in Mexico! I have to move it every single time to Europe to then find the location for my photo.
How can I get it to stay in Spain?! If I click the star in the middle of the arrows - it jumps right back to Mexico.
I'm getting very weary of all this travelling!

thanks, j
Read more : Please, Please! map on Create Page: image | Views : 484 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Page Help

SP lettering down sized?

Am I seeing things, (well that's for sure in any case) but the lettering just got smaller on SP. Harder to read. How come? :o
Read more : SP lettering down sized? | Views : 865 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Site Feedback

When (and how) to upload images for trip report

I get adding the text; does the trip report have to be created before you can upload images and get image #s to add to (or edit) the text? Because I can't insert an image while I'm adding text.

Thanks
Read more : When (and how) to upload images for trip report | Views : 1087 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Page Help

Creating a page and saving in draft - possible?

Hi guys. I've read FAQ but...

I'd like to write a trip report but sure I'm going to take ages doing it. The text is written in word so can be pasted in, but the refining - text, colour, adding photos etc - will probably take time.

Can I save a draft and come back later or does it all have to be done in one go?

saludos, j
Read more : Creating a page and saving in draft - possible? | Views : 1088 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Page Help

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 512635 • Total topics 30535 • Total members 99729

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.