Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:03 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Photo upload not working

I was trying to upload some conditions / beta pics, but am getting the following error -

Code: Select all
update_object_history() failed: DB Error: unknown error

Hope this helps !
Read more : Photo upload not working | Views : 662 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

how to send HTML samples via PM

is this a dumb question?

I try to send sample HTML to someone via PM and the HTML gets interpreted.
I try putting it inside <pre>...</pre> and it still gets interpretted.

is there a way?
Read more : how to send HTML samples via PM | Views : 1478 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Page Help

Is SP doomed?

Slow performance, space issues, owners SOL for a very long time, no software upgrades, etc... Is SP doomed to die a slow painful death? Is it a risk to contribute something knowing the site could implode at any moment?
Read more : Is SP doomed? | Views : 19187 | Replies : 375 | Forum : Site Feedback

Table of content + CSS

How can I delete it? Possible to get a css-style sheet connected to your page?
Read more : Table of content + CSS | Views : 705 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Page Help

Adopted/Adopting a Page?

If you have adopted a page, reworked it, and would like low votes and negative comments from before your ownership removed, please make such requests here.

Do you want to adopt a poor or abandoned page?

First, email the owner. If you get no response within two weeks, please PM me or use this thread to contact the staff.

If the owner has been active recently, a staff member may make one last attempt to ...
Read more : Adopted/Adopting a Page? | Views : 21542 | Replies : 73 | Forum : Page Help

The problem of partial but important information

Hi everyone,

A few days ago a friend and I did a rock climb on a mountain in the Mieminger Kette. The peak is paradoxical: kind of obscure (it's not a crest peak), but contains a 15 pitch "pleasure" route by virtue of complete bolting. We climbed this route, but got lost halfway up, at a place where you are almost guaranteed to get lost. One problem is there are two topos out there, and ...
Read more : The problem of partial but important information | Views : 748 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Site Feedback

What is a complete page?

Because I take a special interest in submissions to the site, especially reducing the clutter of bad and incomplete pages, I offer this in hopes that it will help members. The FAQ's have been updated to reflect this.

At the very minimum, this is the definition of a complete mountain page (and the general idea transfers to routes, areas, and canyons as well):

There is an overview telling us something about the peak, preferably what ...
Read more : What is a complete page? | Views : 5008 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Page Help

Can't access my page

I have a 2010 Trip Log (Custom Object) page that I can't access.

You can a link to it below on my profile:

It should link by using the following:

http://www.summitpost.org/custom-object ... p-log.html

Whenever I try and click on the page, I just get the following:

get_image_file() failed: DB Error: no database selected

Can anyone else see my page or does this ...
Read more : Can't access my page | Views : 423 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

Slow Trip Report Load Time

My trip reports take forever to load once I'm done with them. Why is that and is there anything I can do to speed that up?

Now I'm also getting this error...

get_image_file() failed: DB Error: no database selected

Read more : Slow Trip Report Load Time | Views : 600 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Page Help

Compromise on incomplete pages?

I have an idea and am interested in hearing others' thoughts on this.

Instead of outright nuking pages that are still incomplete after, say, 24 hours, I can go in and change the page to a custom object and tell the owner to keep it that way until finished. When it's done, the owner can change it back or resubmit it. If the owner changes it back before it's done, I nuke the page.

One ...
Read more : Compromise on incomplete pages? | Views : 5369 | Replies : 99 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Total posts 516134 • Total topics 30832 • Total members 100899

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.