Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

It is currently Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:08 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

New forum - problems

Let's keep this topic clean of bullshit and comments on certain posts ...

- PM-function ain't working, new messages are displayed but not posted in PM database of the SP-system
Read more : New forum - problems | Views : 1094 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Site Feedback

Some examples of what is wrong with the current SP model

Sorry for the new topic, but the "SP is doomed" has reached the point where it's unreadable and where people aren't paying much attention anymore.

Here are two examples of the problems I have with the SP mountain pages:

Annapurna: This is a major peak, it had a lot of importance in the development of high altitude mountaineering, has significant routes, etc. Yet the first person to create the page was a hiker, and so ...
Read more : Some examples of what is wrong with the current SP model | Views : 929 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Site Feedback

has anyone taken a look at the General Forum?

WTF!!! Looks like SP really is doomed...
Read more : has anyone taken a look at the General Forum? | Views : 432 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

First Mountain Page / Lack of Coast Mountains Info?

Unfortunately I acted like a newbie and posted a mountain page much too early and thus was made public for a few weeks with barely any information in it.
Well I finally got around to putting all the finishing touches on it and, considering this is my first mountain page, I would love to get some feedback as to how it can be improved!

http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=655974

On a ...
Read more : First Mountain Page / Lack of Coast Mountains Info? | Views : 407 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Page Help

Slowed to a crawl

After not adding much to this site for quite a while now, I decided to add a mountain page!
Wahoo! This will be kinda fun! Until I tried to up load images....cripes...15 minutes with the bulk uploader and only 2 images made it through! Argh. What is up?
Read more : Slowed to a crawl | Views : 648 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Site Feedback

requesting feedback on first mountain page

just completed my first mountain page. Do I have to do anything to declare/make it officially complete?

requesting feedback on the page, criticisms, standards issues, etc.

thanks.

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/662528/russian-butte.html

One thing I learned it that I should start the page out as a custom object so it doesn't show up on radar till I'm ready... oh well. next time.
Read more : requesting feedback on first mountain page | Views : 809 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Page Help

can't update my mountain page - fixed

I'm getting
update_object_history() failed: DB Error: unknown error
Read more : can't update my mountain page - fixed | Views : 320 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Photo upload not working

I was trying to upload some conditions / beta pics, but am getting the following error -

Code: Select all
update_object_history() failed: DB Error: unknown error

Hope this helps !
Read more : Photo upload not working | Views : 734 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

how to send HTML samples via PM

is this a dumb question?

I try to send sample HTML to someone via PM and the HTML gets interpreted.
I try putting it inside <pre>...</pre> and it still gets interpretted.

is there a way?
thanks
Read more : how to send HTML samples via PM | Views : 1653 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Page Help

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 526227 • Total topics 31996 • Total members 103848

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.