Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Pacific Crest Trail

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
 

Pacific Crest Trail

Postby James_W » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:52 am

Hi Folks,

Is anyone interested in doing the California and Oregon (Washington weather permitting) sections of the PCT starting any time in late April or May? looking for 1 partner for this adventure.
User Avatar
James_W

 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: Northern Okanagan, BC, Canada
Thanked: 1 time in 1 post

Postby Buz Groshong » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Last I looked, the PCT wasn't in the eastern U.S.! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User Avatar
Buz Groshong

 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Thanked: 683 times in 480 posts

Postby Hotoven » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:Last I looked, the PCT wasn't in the eastern U.S.! :lol: :lol: :lol:


I'm guessing he wants a partner from the East! (Given our common sense and level-headedness :D )
User Avatar
Hotoven

 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:06 pm
Location: Summit County, Colorado, United States
Thanked: 118 times in 89 posts

Postby Buz Groshong » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Maybe he should have posted it in the "Plans and Partners" section?
User Avatar
Buz Groshong

 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Thanked: 683 times in 480 posts

Postby Hotoven » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Does anyone even go to the plans and partner section? I stopped going after a while because it seemed so inactive. (Maybe that's just on my side of the Island)
User Avatar
Hotoven

 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:06 pm
Location: Summit County, Colorado, United States
Thanked: 118 times in 89 posts

Postby James_W » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Buz I guess at your age it is hard enough not to yell at cars as they pass on the street. So Pacific is WEST and Atlantic is EAST duh. Hotoven thanks for having the IQ to read the thread properly you have the right idea :)
User Avatar
James_W

 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: Northern Okanagan, BC, Canada
Thanked: 1 time in 1 post

Postby James_W » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:00 pm

I met 1 good person in that section also
User Avatar
James_W

 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: Northern Okanagan, BC, Canada
Thanked: 1 time in 1 post

Postby Tom Fralich » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:21 pm

I don't know about the PCT, but on the AT there are herds of would-be thru-hikers starting throughout Mar-April. There are certainly fewer PCT thru-hikers, but I'd imagine a reasonable number of people will be setting out in Apr-May. Why don't you just start walking and fall in with someone or a group that you like? Better than meeting someone on the internet and realizing 2 days into it that you hate each other.
User Avatar
Tom Fralich

 
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2001 9:13 pm
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Thanked: 16 times in 7 posts

Postby Buz Groshong » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:32 pm

James_W wrote:Buz I guess at your age it is hard enough not to yell at cars as they pass on the street. So Pacific is WEST and Atlantic is EAST duh. Hotoven thanks for having the IQ to read the thread properly you have the right idea :)


And I guess at your age you'd be one of the assholes driving like a bat out of hell while talking on a cell phone and not even seeing those on the sidewalk. Oh, and if you had the IQ to put the thread in the proper place, I'm sure I'd have had the IQ to read it properly. :)
User Avatar
Buz Groshong

 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Thanked: 683 times in 480 posts

Postby Buz Groshong » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:18 pm

anita wrote:he doesn't own a car.........


OK. I guess he just yells at them as they pass on the street! :lol:
User Avatar
Buz Groshong

 
Posts: 2837
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Thanked: 683 times in 480 posts

Postby James_W » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:
And I guess at your age you'd be one of the assholes driving like a bat out of hell while talking on a cell phone and not even seeing those on the sidewalk. Oh, and if you had the IQ to put the thread in the proper place, I'm sure I'd have had the IQ to read it properly. :)


Other than posting in plans & partners + eastern thread, where else should I post to see if someone from the EAST wants to go? Should I ask someone from Cali if they have a cousin in Boston that would like to come?
User Avatar
James_W

 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: Northern Okanagan, BC, Canada
Thanked: 1 time in 1 post

Postby Hotoven » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:32 pm

James_W wrote:
Buz Groshong wrote:
And I guess at your age you'd be one of the assholes driving like a bat out of hell while talking on a cell phone and not even seeing those on the sidewalk. Oh, and if you had the IQ to put the thread in the proper place, I'm sure I'd have had the IQ to read it properly. :)


Other than posting in plans & partners + eastern thread, where else should I post to see if someone from the EAST wants to go? Should I ask someone from Cali if they have a cousin in Boston that would like to come?


I don't know man, the way those Cali folk think it might just work!
User Avatar
Hotoven

 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:06 pm
Location: Summit County, Colorado, United States
Thanked: 118 times in 89 posts


Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.