Why are there so few mountains of Nepal on SP?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
dmiki

by dmiki » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:11 pm

Hi,

As I am currently in the area, I have been trying to get info on Nepalese peaks from SP. I was surprised to find that there are only around 30 such peaks in the database.

Is it some kind of policy / decision I am unaware of? Is it `laziness`? Is it lack of initiative /info?

thanks
Michael

Nelson

Re: Why are there so few mountains of Nepal on SP?

by Nelson » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:22 pm

Hi Michael.

There have been some message board discussions about this, and the consensus is that, with few exceptions, if you haven't climbed it or at least attempted it, then don't submit it. The exceptions are mostly major world mountains, but even then its best to have first hand knowledge.

Hope you are having a great trip over there. I'll add your additional info to the Hongu page in the next couple of days.

- Nelson

fdoctor

by fdoctor » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:17 am

I thought I was doing quite well with Yala, Naya Kanga, Tharpu Chuli, Lobuche East, Chukkung Ri?!

Nelson

by Nelson » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:20 am

Indeed you have, fdoctor, indeed you have!

fdoctor

by fdoctor » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:26 am

Bloody hell Nelson, you're up early. It's 9.30 am here and I've just finished my gym workout!!
BTW I've just posted up a response to the thread about Trekking in the Hongku around AmphuLapsa etc you might like to peek at and pass opinion on
Brian

Nelson

by Nelson » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:19 pm

fdoctor, I posted a small comment there.

Michael, I replied to your E-mail but it bounced back with a "permit denied" error, whatever the heck that means.

Here is the mail:

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for your other E-mail and message board posting regarding logistics for the Hongu. I will add that to my Mera Peak page, but have been busy and it may not happen until next week. I'll of course give you credit for the information.

Unfortunately I have no information on the peaks you mention as I have never been to the Pokhara region. All I can do is wish you the best of luck on whatever you attempt.

Thanks much for your offer, but I can't think of anything you can do for me while you are there.

I look forward to any photos, trip reports, and SP pages that you will be posting!
Best regards,
Nelson

Return to Asia