Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Haglofs Down Sleeping Bag

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Haglofs Down Sleeping Bag

Postby mosman » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:18 pm

Just found one of these on Sierra. Price and dimensions look good. Has anyone ever used this?
mosman

Re: Haglofs Down Sleeping Bag

Postby woodchips » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:54 pm

mosman wrote:Just found one of these on Sierra. Price and dimensions look good. Has anyone ever used this?

Haven't used their bags before, but my wife has a jacket made my Haglofs, and the quality is top notch. I just ordered a couple of the -20* bags to check out. STP is great about accepting returns, so the most I have to lose is shipping $. I'll post back when I get the bags.
woodchips

Postby Corax » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Haglöfs is a mid range brand in Sweden. The company have recently staged a huge drive to target the rest of the world. They're trying to convince outdoor people in non-Scandinavian countries that the brand is top of the line. It's not. As with most other brands that makes a lot of different things (tents, sleeping bags, boots,backpacks, clothing etc.) the quality varies a lot. Some of their stuff is good, some is mediocre. If going for a serious expedition to rough mountain areas or the higher peaks, I would never consider looking at Haglöfs.
Corax

Postby kheegster » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:50 am

Corax wrote:Haglöfs is a mid range brand in Sweden. The company have recently staged a huge drive to target the rest of the world. They're trying to convince outdoor people in non-Scandinavian countries that the brand is top of the line. It's not. As with most other brands that makes a lot of different things (tents, sleeping bags, boots,backpacks, clothing etc.) the quality varies a lot. Some of their stuff is good, some is mediocre. If going for a serious expedition to rough mountain areas or the higher peaks, I would never consider looking at Haglöfs.

What would you say are the products that Haglöfs does well?
kheegster

Postby woodchips » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Corax wrote:Haglöfs is a mid range brand in Sweden. The company have recently staged a huge drive to target the rest of the world. They're trying to convince outdoor people in non-Scandinavian countries that the brand is top of the line. It's not. As with most other brands that makes a lot of different things (tents, sleeping bags, boots,backpacks, clothing etc.) the quality varies a lot. Some of their stuff is good, some is mediocre. If going for a serious expedition to rough mountain areas or the higher peaks, I would never consider looking at Haglöfs.

thanks, Corax. It's easy to find myself lured in by the Euro-cool factor, without really knowing what I'm getting. That said, we'll see how those bags look, if the specs are accurate, they may make pretty nice winter bags.
woodchips

Postby Corax » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:56 pm

woodchips wrote:thanks, Corax. It's easy to find myself lured in by the Euro-cool factor, without really knowing what I'm getting. That said, we'll see how those bags look, if the specs are accurate, they may make pretty nice winter bags.

"The Euro-cool factor" - I love that expression :lol:
Hope the bags are good.
Corax

Return to Gear