Looking for climbing partners.

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
StephenCloudGately

Looking for climbing partners.

by StephenCloudGately » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:25 pm

I'm currently living in Flagstaff, AZ and am looking to either join or plan as many mountaineering trips as I can. I work on an 8 day on 6 day off schedule so I have plenty of time to accomplish this, only problem is I don't have any climbing buddies. Im extremely flexible, just looking to get as much time and experience on the mountain as I can. So if your looking for a partner or would like to plan a trip (Northern Cascades Perhaps?) Let me know!

Sarah Simon

by Sarah Simon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:09 pm

First, good luck in your endeavors (both finding climbing partners and visiting summits).

To faciliate finding partners via SP, I suggest you build out your SummitPost profile quite a bit more. Sign a few summit logs for the peaks or technical routes you've succeeded on and provide a bit about you in your profile "A few words" section.

Your profile information assists potential partners in sizing you up to determine whether you'd be a good fit for them both in terms of climbing skills and experience as well as general disposition.

Enjoy!

Sarah

Jerry L

by Jerry L » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:11 pm

That's some sound advice from Sarah. I'd also add that rather than just throw out a blanket statement that you're looking for partners, maybe plan a climb such as I'd like to climb either mountain #1 or #2 within a certain time frame and I need a partner. Then post that in the section where you'd like to climb. I'm not a fan of Plans and Partners on this site. I don't think it gets too much traffic. Good luck. I'm headed out west late summer / early fall and I'll be looking for partners if you're interested.

Return to Colorado