Crampons on Banner Peak?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
jdmorris

Re: Crampons on Banner Peak?

by jdmorris » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:39 pm

I didn't have this image and Beta when I did the Banner / Ritter dayhike last year and therefore lost a couple hours (and lots of good vibes) trying to figure out how to get down from the SE glacier route back to Ediza. The 2nd / easy 3rd descent is trivial but finding it based on the sparse info available is not (people who wandered straight to it will never understand)! If you're planning to be on a 12 hour pace, shoot for 2 hours to Lake Ediza from the Agnew parking lot (pace for Sierra Challenge 2010 and 2011) - if you take 2.5 or 3 hours you're in for a looong day! Have fun!

JD

dskoon

by dskoon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Good one, 3Deserts! Good work. It really is a fun mountain and area. Glad it went well for you.

Vladislav

by Vladislav » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Good job!
Very nice description of what it felt like to be in the area that I also like so much. I found many things resonating with my experience up there. Come back to Banner, you will not be disappointed!
Vlad.

Previous

Return to California