2012 Glacier stoke thread

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.
brooksmcclintock

Re: 2012 Glacier stoke thread

by brooksmcclintock » Thu May 03, 2012 2:43 am

Thanks for the safety.

Bagged Calf robe instead, conditions up until the ascent/descent from firebrand pass were OKAY for snowshoes. Snow wasn't consolidated at steep angles and I potholed to the summit. Reached it late afternoon, with gusts of wind up to 70 mph ontop. I went right back down without trying to look for a view, conditions were bittersweet.

Today I got up to two medicine, second day the road has been opened and I got in scenic point, medicine pk, and the bison head. THe plan was to head back to scenic pt and go along back to east and hitch a ride back to two medicine. I re considered after checking water status, and got myself back down to the car in two med. Wonderful evening here in East glacier, sun is about to set and I just got my belly full of some GPI slop!

word out...stoke coming tomorrow.

brooksmcclintock

Re: 2012 Glacier stoke thread

by brooksmcclintock » Sat May 05, 2012 2:49 am

Anybody up for an upcoming weekend to do this:

I'll be in East Glacier till end of May. Let me know, I've got all the gear for myself for this trip.

Previous

Return to Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)