Mount Jefferson Spring/Summer

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
ascasson

Mount Jefferson Spring/Summer

by ascasson » Tue May 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone know what Jefferson is like to climb between now and July?

Cheers,

Ant

billisfree

Re: Mount Jefferson Spring/Summer

by billisfree » Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 pm

IMHO - Mt. Jefferson is best climbed mid to late summer. The problem is snow on the trails leading to the mountain base.

Which route are you thinking off?

ascasson

by ascasson » Wed May 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Thanks guys.

If it were me and other beginners like me, I'd probably not consider it this season. But I have a couple (relatively) experienced partners who have yet to climb Jefferson, and, assuming we're as safe as we normally would be, I'd consider this more or less my high-bar of my first season. Maybe. :)

Hopefully I will have already climbed a few other challenging routes before Jefferson. That's my goal. I'm just jumping into this conversation sooner to help with preparation --mostly mental.

Ant

no avatar
markv

by markv » Fri May 25, 2012 8:25 am

Hey ascasson, feel free to send a message if you end up settling on late July and want to add another to your party. I'm probably in the same boat as you...done Hood and Rainier dog routes, other things like that, and some limited rock like Thielsen, but Jefferson would be my current high bar.

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)