ty454 wrote:Thanks all for the responses. Funny that the day after I posted this thread the weather took a turn for the worse and it's been heavy snow pretty much every day since. Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to wait until things get warmer next year before an attempt. Because I do have to fly completely across the country, and due to the realities of full-time jobs, I can't just pack up and go on a whim given a 2-3 day weather window. That's life I guess. Perhaps if I had already done it once or twice I'd be more keen on giving it a try over the winter.
Is May when the roads typically re-open in the area? I imagine it's variable depending on the winter. I'd certainly like to try and get a climb in before July-August if possible. That's like 9 months away...
Sigh, looks like I just have to wait and satisfy my urges with some winter backpacking trips in the Appalachians.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests