Panther Peak (Wolverton)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Tom Kenney

Panther Peak (Wolverton)

by Tom Kenney » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:20 am

I'm looking for some info about Panther Peak west of Panther Gap, near the Wolverton TH. Planning to visit the area end of May. I'm bringing my novice hiker wife (Baden-Powell is her biggest to date), so want something non-tech. Does Panther Peak have a better view than the Gap? Also, easy summit from the Gap? (Cl 1-2)

SJD

Re: Panther Peak (Wolverton)

by SJD » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:02 am

While I've been by Panther gap many times,I never have made the side trip up to Panther peak. Your note made me curious, and I found this:
http://socalhikes.com/2010/07/sequoia-n ... her-peaks/

The following user would like to thank SJD for this post
Tom Kenney

Tom Kenney

by Tom Kenney » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:38 am

Thanks, SJD. Exactly what I was looking for. Funny...since I didn't see anything here about it, I figured it must not be worth the effort. Didn't intend to make anyone 'Google that for me!' :)

SJD

by SJD » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:13 am

Well there was a guy on here some years back (maybe 2004 or so?) that went up to Panther peak. He PM'd me once or twice before hand and I recall he posted some pics on SP. Since I couldn't find his pics, Google it was. :mrgreen:

Return to California